Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Attention FST (Staff and Users)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBusiness View Post
    so uhh IdolEyes787... Would your posts be considered spam? Ironic, as a mod, that you introduce a completely random topic completely unrelated to this thread.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...omeback-328238

Perhaps this thread has served its point already.
    You're all over the place there. What post are you talking about?

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    That's not my modus-operandi. I tend to get to know people better and if they like me and think I could be an asset to the places they already reside and I don't they will offer me an invite, but I will not sollicitate for that myself in any way.
    Come on Disme drop the patronizing tone already. We've all seen you beg Feeling for an ScT invite, with a drawing done by your daughter no less. Don't tell me you started knowing Feeling better before that. The guy's a prick. You just wanted in.

Everyone here's done their share of efforts to get accepted places.

It shouldn't be a motive for embarrassment; quite the contrary, it shows how selective and in the end difficult the entry process can be, as it should. Some places are not for everyone.

I'm targetting people that tend to be everywhere and are rather active when arriving in a new place, but the moment they get a new spot on an even rarer tracker you can see their activity decline and shift to that new place, until they shift to yet another new tracker.

In the end they are omnipresent, but they stop contributing to all those places they are members.
    You're making generalizations based on what charts and graphs? How are you certain of this 'trend'?

We all go through a curve of more activity towards the beginning of our experience in a good new tracker, and steady decline as the novelty wears off. Another factor that needs to be equated is free time and the real world.

Not everyone can surf trackers daily or even weekly, due to work.

My reply was directed towards PB's statements on traders being n00bs because they were still chasing invites. If this is a correct assumption, not only traders are n00bs ... the other non-traders I was just describing would be n00bs too because they are also chasing invites trough other methods.
    Nobody's a newbie. PB was teasing bilkenter. There's nothing wrong with wanting into the more exclusive trackers, and that shouldn't be bashed.

Again you speak as if you didn't try to get your trackers somehow. Ultimately if it was through IRC or PM's or REQs or Lucky Draws or Competitions or GA's or whatever is irrelevant.

It is how you treat the tracker that matters. You don't need to be active 24-7 to deserve respect or to be immune to criticism. People are active according to the time they have available, and that is laid out on a person-to-person basis.

Leave tracker-chasers alone. At the end of the day the trackers need activity and interest in them, or they'll just wilt and die.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    Come on Disme drop the patronizing tone already. We've all seen you beg Feeling for an ScT invite, with a drawing done by your daughter no less. Don't tell me you started knowing Feeling better before that. The guy's a prick. You just wanted in.
    So now I beg because I participated in a giveaway started by the owner of a private tracker. I don't know but I don't see any harm in that. Not to the tracker, not to FST not to anybody in fact, except maybe you because it ain't the first time you replied to me about it. You were just the Shaman back than. Nothing has changed for me since than so I maybe you should read my previous answer to your statement about me participating in GA's.

I'm targetting people that tend to be everywhere and are rather active when arriving in a new place, but the moment they get a new spot on an even rarer tracker you can see their activity decline and shift to that new place, until they shift to yet another new tracker.

In the end they are omnipresent, but they stop contributing to all those places they are members.
    You're making generalizations based on what charts and graphs? How are you certain of this 'trend'?

We all go through a curve of more activity towards the beginning of our experience in a good new tracker, and steady decline as the novelty wears off. Another factor that needs to be equated is free time and the real world.

Not everyone can surf trackers daily or even weekly, due to work.
    As I said I've been around long enough to see it for myself, i don't need charts or graphics backing me up.
    And if you don't have time to visit somewhere weekly you shouldn't join

Leave tracker-chasers alone.
    No can do ...
    Can you feel the LOVE

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I don't know if its a common phrasing but its quite a common saying where i come from:
    "Even the most beautiful girl has some guy who is tired of f*!*%^$ her..."

It definitely doesn't say it all, but it says some. There is a thrill of joining a new place of which you have your share of expectations. Whether these expectations are justified is a different issue. It can either be a new Job, a new Neighborhood, a new GF. At the end of the day, as humans, we all get used to to everything, even if we once thought it was the best, and start looking for new "adventures".

So what makes the difference between one person and another, two (major) things:
    1. The path we took to get to the new "location" and the way we wrap things up before we "move".
    2. The desire for new experiences, our interests and how long that interest lasts.

Obviously, the 2nd of the two cannot be judged, everyone agree its subjective, there is no right and wrong... I am a strong believer in the path! Though views and interpretations are subjective they are constitute the core part of how we select our friends. Dissing others for their interpretations and views is not something i view in a positive way. Making enemies has never been useful for anyone...

On another note, i've got to know Disme here and from everything i know i can say that we share just about the same views. Whether its good or bad, again, its subjective. Yet, i am glad to have him as a friend.

EDIT:I apologize if my first "quote" sound sexist, i did not intend to insult anyone i just thought it might a good illustration to the point i am trying to make...
    Last edited by sagib; 04-02-2009 at 03:53 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by sagib View Post
    I don't know if its a common phrasing but its quite a common saying where i come from:
    mate, that was the sentence of the day! goes straight into my daily quotes

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    That's a quote from the film Hitch I believe.

So now I beg because I participated in a giveaway started by the owner of a private tracker. I don't know but I don't see any harm in that. Not to the tracker, not to FST not to anybody in fact, except maybe you because it ain't the first time you replied to me about it. You were just the Shaman back than. Nothing has changed for me since than so I maybe you should read my previous answer to your statement about me participating in GA's.
    I didn't say it was harmful to anyone or anything, did I?

I was merely remarking on your condescending tone towards people who are everywhere on the IRC active so they can get their next invite.

Forms of entering private trackers are varied and as long as you end up there the correct way are all valid.

I was also underlining that participating in a draw like Feeling's doesn't confer with your opining about "getting to know" the tracker people.

I bet if I ask Feeling who you are he won't know.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 04-02-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i heard this one on Nip Tuck recently

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    i heard this one on Nip Tuck recently
    I honestly don't know where it came from but i can definitely tell you i heard back when those guys were still in med. school...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678