Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AstraWeb Account Setup

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Astraweb is more of a budget NSP, so it's no surprise their support ain't that fast. Their actual news service is excellent though, worth the price atleast. It's much like when you're choosing an internet provider, if you pick the cheap one then you're going to have crap support. If you choose the expensive one, you'll get good support.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by macmike View Post
    In the time being I will have to keep my usenext account until I am convinced with Astraweb's overall service.
    What's been your experience with Usenext?

I've seen more complaints about Usenext than all others put together. Be sure to carefully read all the fine print about canceling your contract before you try to cancel with Usenext. It seems they still make it extremely hard for customers to ever leave, and a lot of people have had to contact their credit card company to reverse charges because Usenext refused to let them cancel. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Astraweb is more of a budget NSP, so it's no surprise their support ain't that fast. Their actual news service is excellent though, worth the price atleast. It's much like when you're choosing an internet provider, if you pick the cheap one then you're going to have crap support. If you choose the expensive one, you'll get good support.
    When it comes to usenet providers, I've seen little correlation between price and quality of service. Some NSPs like Usenext are among the most expensive AND have the most complaints. Conversely, some budget NSPs like Ngroups.net/Usenet-news.net have extremely good and very fast 24/7 tech support AND among the lowest prices to be found.

So the old saying "you get what you pay for" has had little meaning in my experience.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Thx for all the info and help

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    Just b/c astraweb is one of if not the chepeast unlimited provider out there they are by no means a "budget NSP"...there overall service without even weighing in the price is on par or better than giganews on some aspects...but by no means does price determine service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12