Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Games A Total Waste Of Time

I would like to know the pros and cons of playings games.

For one hour a week

For one hour a day

For multiple hours a day

For 1/2 the day

Wudd gaming improve some of our learning abilities? What is considered appropriate gaming?

2. Games   -   #2
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Are you crazy.

I look at games like the matrix. Ignorance is bliss. I'd rather spend my life into a game and having fun with my buddys then get a job and deal with my boring life...

I can do things in a game that I can't do in real life so I play games.

Yes studies have found playing games can improve something...

Its eye hand cordination.

Games own.

I play games when I wake all the way untill I go to sleep. That is unless I have to pick up my brother to come over, or I just go over there and play on his LAN setup..

Or if I have to go to the store or eat or take a shit then I don't play.

On average I play at least 10 hours of my waking life...

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@20 September 2003 - 01:07
    Are you crazy.

Yes studies have found playing games can improve something.
    take it ez. i was only askig for a opinon. i lost u when u sed that games can improve sumthin

4. Games   -   #4
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    Are Games A Total Waste Of Time
    NO ?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Yes, games are the best thing ever created....

Have you played a game so cool, you thought it was real? what if could never stop playing that game, how will you know the difference between real life or a game?

I mean this wow factor are in some games like Zelda: Ocarina of time, CS, Metal Gear Solid and a whole bunch more, but when U really get into a game, U can't stop playing and you really feel, U R in the game, thats until You realize, that all is fake and that real life SUXS...

Video games Rules, LONG LIFE TO VIDEOGAMES.....

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@20 September 2003 - 02:07
    I mean this wow factor are in some games like Zelda: Ocarina of time, CS, Metal Gear Solid
    i agree with ya on these 3

7. Games   -   #7
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@20 September 2003 - 03:07
    U can't stop playing and you really feel, U R in the game, thats until You realize, that all is fake and that real life SUXS...

Yes. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thats what it felt like playing final fantasy 8. Now that was a good game...

I couldn't pull myself away because I just had to know what happens next. Actually the only reason I seemed to play it was for the story....

Counter-strike has the same effect. I think one of the longest times I ever played a game without getting up was a few months ago. I had gotten up, took a shit, ate something, then went to a server that had fy_iceworld. I entered the server with no people on it. 11 hours later it had like 15 people on it and I was still there with like a 350+ score. People came in and out. Sometimes 12 people, sometimes 4, sometimes just one. But whats funny is that 11 hours later, the last guy had left and I was back by myself where I started. I left the game, looked at the clock, did a little math and realised I had played 11 hours straight on that server.

Man was my ass hurting...

8. Games   -   #8
    Double Agent
    yes games are found to be relaxing and entertaining if you know to manage your time

I found if I spend too much time playing games I react slower to things and easy to get angry

So I watch how much time I spend on games

9. Games   -   #9
    Double Agent
    yeah I did find multiplayer games like cs to be addictive

that's why i stopped stealing cd keys and got all of my existing keys banned for life

10. Games   -   #10
    so far all i have got are the pros. no cons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast