Thread: Tell you what...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...I sure am glad to have the opportunity to watch Tiger Woods single-handedly elevate the game of golf to a level heretofore unseen.

I can hardly wait for The Masters.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    I missed that Sunday. Wish I could download it somewhere...

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    He is the new Jack Nickalous.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    He is the new Jack Nickalous.
    I think he's a few light-years beyond Nicklaus.

Nicklaus had peers...Tiger has none - at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    They from different times mate, to say he is light-years beyond Nicklaus is silly. Even though i do agree he is ultametly better then Nicklaus, Nicklaus is still historically the greatest player in the games history and thats fact at the moment.

Also i dont under stand what u mean that Nicklaus had peers and Tiger has none?

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    They from different times mate, to say he is light-years beyond Nicklaus is silly. Even though i do agree he is ultametly better then Nicklaus, Nicklaus is still historically the greatest player in the games history and thats fact at the moment.

Also i dont under stand what u mean that Nicklaus had peers and Tiger has none?
    Nicklaus still holds the edge in career numbers, agreed.

Tiger, however, has a game Nicklaus never played;

Nicklaus, at the top of his game, could be played to a standstill by any of a number of other players who had similar abilities but not the consistency.

Tiger at the top of his game is untouchable.

His combination of talent, physicality, and mental toughness is historically unsurpassed.

Nicklaus himself would tell you the same thing.

-Mark Twain

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Once again i cant argue with what u have to say.

But like i said they from differnt times and some consideration i feel should take place, u really think Nicklaus etc had the benefit of technology of clubs, nutritionist that Woods has. Also now a days the rewards of being at the top of your game is much more, there was no 100m dollor sponsorships etc in those days.

This i feel just does not apply to golf but some other sports to. Its a fact as the years have gone by average height strength health rewards etc have all gone up. U really think an old baseball players, basketball players or football players could now compete with the super fit muscle toned people of today.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 04-03-2009 at 01:13 AM.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Once again i cant argue with what u have to say.

But like i said they from differnt times and some consideration i feel should take place, u really think Nicklaus etc had the benefit of technology of clubs, nutritionist that Woods has. Also now a days the rewards of being at the top of your game is much more, there was no 100m dollor sponsorships etc in those days.

This i feel just does not apply to golf but some other sports to. Its a fact as the years have gone by average height strength health rewards etc have all gone up. U really think an old baseball players, basketball players or football players could now compete with the super fit muscle toned people of today.
    I'll grant you all that.

The money these guys make helps, too.

Still...

-Mark Twain

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    brento's Avatar Poster
    i agree with the OP. tiger woods is absolutely incredible