Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what virus is this.??

Unsure

Really i am getting a big trouble in xp...my all video, audio, and all other file converted to JPEG... i don’t know how it happen. It’s infected to all in my office system. I am using Kaspersky and in some other system i am using Symantec...I update and scan but still it’s in the same format... I format the C drive but still its in same format...don't know how to remove it...so if any buddy know how to remove it..plz plz plz plz help me...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    I dont get it is it a virus or file associations got screwed up? does kaspersky find anything? and what do you mean by when you format drive C its in the same format?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    If you un-hide the extensions, does it show they are all jpeg? Maybe you music and video got screwed up and are opening with Image Viewer?
    [center]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it mean i format C drive and still it is in the same jpeg format

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Not sure what that file's gonna do? Check it with ANUBIS - Analyzing Unknown Binaries
    Is that site DOWN FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nisarga View Post
    Really i am getting a big trouble in xp...my all video, audio, and all other file converted to JPEG...

CONVERTED to JPEG or just renamed extention to .jpg ?
    Or changed windows file association ?
    i don’t know how it happen. It’s infected to all in my office system. I am using Kaspersky and in some other system i am using Symantec...I update and scan but still it’s in the same format... I format the C drive but still its in same format...don't know how to remove it...so if any buddy know how to remove it..plz plz plz plz help me...
    Antivirus CAN'T rename your files, if you reinstalled clean windows, you need to rename all your files by hand.
    Try total commander for example, for renaming mass files.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ichigo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Maybe its the new virus that's supposed to be out on April 1st.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hey i got the solution for that...it bcoz of media control.exe,it's a virus,it will change all avi and mp3 and some more format into jpeg format..just install the kaspersky antivirus are bitdifinder it wil remove the virus..but if want to change the format which was converted to jpeg u must rename the file are change the format that is the only way..i had lots of songs so i count convert all song so i delet it..if any buddy know's how change the jpeg to other format at all in a time..just tell..i have more vedious plz...............

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hey i got the solution for that...it bcoz of media control.exe,it's a virus,it will change all avi and mp3 and some more format into jpeg format..just install the kaspersky antivirus are bitdifinder it wil remove the virus..but if want to change the format which was converted to jpeg u must rename the file are change the format that is the only way..i had lots of songs so i count convert all song so i delet it..if any buddy know's how change the jpeg to other format at all in a time..just tell..i have more vedious plz...............
    There are commands you could type in dos to mass-rename all files in a folder.
    As long as everything in that folder is the same extension then you can do it.

example:

Code:
    ren c:\music\*.jpg *.mp3
    *Use at own risk*

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    time to switch to linux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast