1) Government involvement in the Economy, increasing from 20% (which was already a dramatic increase during the Bush years) to 45% (back in 1930 it was 3%).
2) Systematic undoing of all of Clinton's hard work (fiscal discipline, contraction of welfare spending, further incentives to private growth).
3) Increase in taxation to people earning over 250,000 a year to pay for a debt he cannot pay for with this measure alone. Also creating social unfairness this way, by making a lot of people live off those minorities who work hard and have to throw away almost all of their hard-earned dollars.
4) Gigantic increase in Government spending and public debt. A deficit that—at 12.7 per cent of GDP—is four times greater than any of the huge deficits under George W Bush.
5) A budget that proposes to take the federal government’s spending from 21 per cent of the economy in 2008 to 28 per cent in 2009.
6) State healthcare, that scrofulous virus that plagues Europe.
7) Central and universal standardizing of schools and higher learning.
8) Clownish behavior with regard to foreign policy. North Korea and Russia laughing in his face.
9) Ad almost infinitum.
It will be particularly difficult for America to untangle itself from this mess by the next president.