arj
    rar
    tar
    mp3
    mov
    avi
    mpg
    mpeg
    The site im using gives 100mbs and unlimited bandwidth... the following extensions cant be uploaded... any way i can zip up files and use another extension? and for music any other extensions?

mids are horrible lol

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    you can change the file extention to anything you want or no extention at all just as long as ppl downloading know what extention to change it to when they get it , also is there a file size limit? as most that place those retrictions also place file size limits...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i checked no size limit... umm u right click go to properties to change extension right? since i know renaming doesnt work lol... since type of file never changes...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    @Soul814 - What Host is it sounds pretty good?!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@21 September 2003 - 15:46
    i checked no size limit... umm u right click go to properties to change extension right? since i know renaming doesnt work lol... since type of file never changes...
    im sorry not real sure what you mean but yes right click rename just change the extention and the actuall file dosent change it just wont have an associated program to open it or the wrong till it is changed back. or are you saying just changing the extention is no good as they actually scan the files every now and then to what they actually r as i know some hosts say they do that...
    if you cant see the extentions on your comp then "my computer -->tools--->folder options--->view"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    That terrible that it dosent let you, i have seen that host that you use.(i think) Just set the file .jpg and you shold be fine. Just put next to the download that you have to change it to ect. .xxx (eg. .zip, .exe)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Out of The Ordinary
    Yeah, eummm either rename the extension to jpg or remove the extension completly.

BOT

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    http://www.1asphost.com <-- 100mbs

im using this as a freedomain till the person gives me a user / pass for a subdomain....

he claims to have unlimited bandwidth n space... :/

edit >> i just renamed a file and it turns to this

simpleandclean.jpg.mp3

edit2 >>

next i tried opening the file in notepad then saving it again... :/ i wonder if that would corupt the file since i lost .40mb lol after the conversion

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Out of The Ordinary
    Looks good, but it sucks that You cannot upload any file format.

BOT

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@21 September 2003 - 16:25
    http://www.1asphost.com <-- 100mbs

im using this as a freedomain till the person gives me a user / pass for a subdomain....

he claims to have unlimited bandwidth n space... :/

edit >> i just renamed a file and it turns to this

simpleandclean.jpg.mp3

edit2 >>

next i tried opening the file in notepad then saving it again... :/ i wonder if that would corupt the file since i lost .40mb lol after the conversion
    just use one extention eg "test.jpg" and yes notepad will kill the files if ya open them then save them....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast