Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debian + uTorrent Errors

Member BT Rep: +1
    Can anyone help me figure out what this means. It constantly does this. Running utorrent 1.8.2 on a debian seedbox. Followed naqs guide.

Last edited by keystonelight; 04-03-2009 at 03:17 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    but does any error show up in the utorrent UI ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    No no errors there, i cant notice anything wrong with the box performance wise for my 4 months of use. Just have always wondered whats going on.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    what version of wine are you using?

wine --version

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    0.9.25 naqs guide has you use this version because of the dropped peers bug on debian. has an updated version came out that doesn't do this?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    update your wine to the latest ver mate.

winehq.com

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by flashf0rward View Post
    update your wine to the latest ver mate.

winehq.com
    but is the bug fixed in the newest version? the drop peers bug? naqs guide specifically said stick to this version untill it has been fixed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Yeah, I followed NAQ's guide with debian linux. had it running fine for the passed 3 weeks. but using all the private torrent sites I do, even with the new versions of wine and utorrent i noticed i wasnt very connectable / dropped peers and whatnot. so i switched to rtorrent and wtorrent and i havent looked back since. my ratio has been rising much higher than before with my uploads. jus my 2cents. i never really payed much attention to the errors in xterm , id normally just minimize it so I wouldnt have to see it, but there were errors I remember.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonelight View Post
    but is the bug fixed in the newest version? the drop peers bug? naqs guide specifically said stick to this version untill it has been fixed.
    The uTorrent disconnect bug was fixed in Wine v1.1.6. See the changelog for details...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I cant seem to find Wine v1.1.6 for debian 4.0 etch, which is what i am using. Can anyone help me find it on their website? I am pretty new to this sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast