Thread: How Do I Splice An Avi In Two

If i convert an avi file into an svcd, it becomes to big to fit on a cd. so what program do i need to cut an avi in half so i can make a part 1 and part 2 svcd file? what program does that?

Also, what is the max size avi file i should have that will fit on a cd once converted to svcd. are the svcd file sizes like 5 or 6 times larger than avi's?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    do a search subject been done b4

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Thank u wormless and this question would have been better off in the main movieworld. But it's been answered before so it doesn't matter.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    it may have been answered befor but I still don't know how and couldn't find it by searching. so please help

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    That's because u probably didn't use the search button at the top but since your incapable of doing so just go here and learn everything u need to know about it.

www.dvdrhelp.com

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl2
    try kvcd, better than mpeg 2(svcd)
    but make sure your player is able to play'em!

otherwise just use tmpgenc to split the mpeg to whatever size you want(in my sig)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ok, I got the avi to split. what i need to know is what size to limit the avi file to. the converted svcd file becomes so much larger. to fit to a cd, what is the max size file of avi i should use before converting to svcd and burning to cd?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Well u should have encoded it first then u should have split it at 797 and the rest goes on another cd.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    well, i cant split the svcd. the easyvideosplitter program will open an avi or mpeg file but an svcd is 4 folders, not files. so i must encode to svcd's after i have split the avi first. i am not a long time expert here, so help me out please.

what is the ratio between avi and svcd? for ex, a bmp is about 11 times larger than a jpg. what are the size ratio's between an avi and svcd so i will know how to split the avi's before encoding to svcd.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U can split the movie after it's encoded to SVCD just not with th program u have when u encode with TMPGenc then U can cut it with the same program and split it at 797 SVCD's can become large as u make them meaning the higher the bitrate the better the quality and the large the filesize they can become 1 gig+