Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If DVD's and cinema tickets were considerably cheaper

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    would you still steal them from the BT internets?

(In China a few years back the big movie conglomerates (WB, Universal, and co) tried to compete with the widespread piracy that wasn't even hidden - shops selling copied DVD's with up to 8 films on them with watchable quality for about $1 or so - by lowering their retail DVD prices dramatically to something like $4 or $3.50, and even though more people started purchasing said material, the piracy continued.)

Still and all, if they decided to lower their prices in order to seriously attempt to oppose the competition, as opposed to make use of MPAA and the rest of their arsenal to bully us into submission, would you think twice about your home-made, freely-obtained marvels?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I'll do ewe three duvdees for a fiver. Final offer.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Any 3, or 3 artsry fartsy ones like what you would watch.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You'll have to have one artsy one in the three. The other two can be anything without Jennifer Aniston in.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5

Aniston is the finest middle of the road, rom-com actor of her generation

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Middle of the road (recently under a lorry) looks to go with it.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If you put her that way...

GQ did manage to present her as an appetizing sex object..

In Marley & Me she wasn't all that.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    would you still steal them from the BT internets?

(In China a few years back the big movie conglomerates (WB, Universal, and co) tried to compete with the widespread piracy that wasn't even hidden - shops selling copied DVD's with up to 8 films on them with watchable quality for about $1 or so - by lowering their retail DVD prices dramatically to something like $4 or $3.50, and even though more people started purchasing said material, the piracy continued.)

Still and all, if they decided to lower their prices in order to seriously attempt to oppose the competition, as opposed to make use of MPAA and the rest of their arsenal to bully us into submission, would you think twice about your home-made, freely-obtained marvels?
    Sure.

If we got the same pricing here, I wouldn't think twice about paying.

It would require the companies to stop playing police, and stop fucking with our legislation by lobbying politicians, though.

Until then I'm done with going to the cinema, they can't have my money, and unless they stop being a threat to my rights, I'm wishing them all gone.

EDit: This is probably the least crappy thread he's ever done, and you stole it. Good job, lulz.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-04-2009 at 11:55 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I feel it was some of my finest stealing.

Wonder if he understands the irony. Probly, now that I've pointed it out.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    They don't do irony. Explained or knot.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast