Thread: Albumart Files

I thought this topic might've come up before, but couldn't find it in any other threads. I hadnt burnt any cd's for a while, went into nero and was selecting song to burn and discovered all these random album art pics in my mp3 folders with names like: AlbumArt_{04939267-EC6B-4A31-87B1-B6C1562C829C}_Large.jpg . Windows (got xp prof) wouldn't find them on a search or when i browsed the directories. I know i haven't downloaded any album art files and definately not the 500 i found in nero... Is this some weird virus not detected by norton av... anyone else had similar experience?

**edit: just had another look at them and they're all from the 11th or 10th of june this year - anyone know why windows can't see them but nero can?

2. Music   -   #2
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Moving this to musicworld... I know there is an answer to this one, just not sure what it is. These album art jpg files are the album covers of the albums the mp3's came from, probably has to do with what program you opened them up in or something along those lines. But I'm sure one of our music experts knows this answer.

3. Music   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    just guessing here. but do you have hidden files/folders enabled?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Music   -   #4
    Forum Star
    adjust the settings in wmp to &#39;not automatically&#39; get album info etc

5. Music   -   #5
    old school
    you can delete these files thru nero if you want.

WMP9 creates them whenever you play those certain MP3s and let the program have access to find info on that track.

I delete them myself, No use for small pics of the albums

6. Music   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Gutter@21 September 2003 - 12:50

WMP9 creates them whenever you play those certain MP3s and let the program have access to find info on that track.

but then why cant he see them.. unless nero doesnt realize they are in temp files or something?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Music   -   #7
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by mogadishu+21 September 2003 - 17:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu &#064; 21 September 2003 - 17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gutter@21 September 2003 - 12:50

but then why cant he see them.. unless nero doesnt realize they are in temp files or something?[/b][/quote]

not just nero, a few progs can see them, its to do with hidden files, and when your d/ling and using wmp they end up in your shared folders. you can see them by using the localhost address in ie as well, turn off the option in wmp and it wont happen

8. Music   -   #8
    old school
    if you want to view these hidden files, In any window go to Tools/Folder Options/View

Then select Show Hidden Files and Folders to view these album art files

9. Music   -   #9
    Cheers guys. it seems windows considers the files important operating system files (i had those files hidden)... I&#39;ll turn off the option in wmp 9.