Thread: Flaskmpeg

hey all, im new to encoding ripped dvds and ive been having good luck making divx movies from dvds until i tried bulletproof monk. i am able to start the encoding process fine, but when i reach 2:05 into the movie the encoding stops. i have tried encoding it with Xvid and the latest version of divx (5.1).. does anyone have any ideas as to why it stops prematurely?

-rich

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I think you need damon tools. goto dvdrhelp.com for help on that subject

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by headtrip21@21 September 2003 - 21:28
    hey all, im new to encoding ripped dvds and ive been having good luck making divx movies from dvds until i tried bulletproof monk. i am able to start the encoding process fine, but when i reach 2:05 into the movie the encoding stops. i have tried encoding it with Xvid and the latest version of divx (5.1).. does anyone have any ideas as to why it stops prematurely?

-rich
    is the disc scratched or maybe a finger print?
    if its the same point has to be it

try dvd decriptor
    it pull the vob from disk to hd, might skip the bad part

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    no, the VOB is perfect. so was the disc. using powerdvd or actually watching it thru flask it's fine. it only stops when i encode it. could there be some kind of bug in the software? i ripped it first with cladDVD, then i tried smartripper.. i get the same problem. i can watch the VOB just fine, no errors or anything. its just when i encode it the movie when it stops at the point.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try using xmpeg instead it is just a beta version of flaskmpeg but with yuv turned on it will encode much faster.