Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to contact what.cd admin?

There is something on my mind that I want to get off though. I think you are dealing with this wrong. I'm no longer trying to get my account back, but I think you should consider this for the future.

When someone breaks the transcode rule, do you ban them? No, you just take away their uploading privileges and give them a warning, because it is usually a mistake. I invited someone who was already a member, and it was a mistake. Instead of getting a warning and my invites taken away, I was banned. I think the punishment doesn't fit the crime. You don't sentence someone to death for stealing a candy bar, so why have the same punishment for someone who faked their stats and someone who made a mistake? Especially the fact that I had been on the site since it was started and never had any other problems, had a good ratio and even bought a seedbox so I could seed my torrents while I was away at university.

I think you guys should look over your rules and maybe make some changes or exceptions. If I had an account for a week and invited someone twice, once right after another, then I would agree, that is a member you don't want on your site if they are just going to bring it down.

Anyways, I'm not asking for my account back because you seem pretty set on not having me back, but I needed to get this off my chest, and if there are any other what.cd members that are reading this, they should know what will get them a ban and what will get them a warn.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well you invited the same guy twice... something sketchy is obviously going on, whether he fooled you into giving him another invite or you knowingly helped get him back in. What they did makes sense, to at the very least show the importance of knowing who you invite.

Just my 2 cents; I learned this long ago, and lost an account (at x264, which also apparently bans FST users as well though) in the process

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Well you invited the same guy twice... something sketchy is obviously going on, whether he fooled you into giving him another invite or you knowingly helped get him back in. What they did makes sense, to at the very least show the importance of knowing who you invite.

Just my 2 cents; I learned this long ago, and lost an account (at x264, which also apparently bans FST users as well though) in the process
    What happened was I had re-invited a member I had invited a very long time ago, and didn't check to see if his account had been baned before giving him an invite for his "brother". It was stupid on my part to assume my own friend wouldn't try and trick me, so I am going to be incredibly careful with my invites on all other sites from now on, and less trusting of even friends.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by science View Post
    No I am not, but thanks for the passing on
    Are you guys on a ban spree, why was i just suddenly disabled.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    riptor, contact someone on What's IRC channel and they'll tell you what happened.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    riptor, contact someone on What's IRC channel and they'll tell you what happened.
    The IRC chat room seems to be dead, there is no one in there, maybe i did it the wrong, i am using Mirc, check it and see if there is anyone in there for me please.

I think it was disabled due to inactivity, i had to reformat my drive 2 weeks ago but didn't seed in for a while, i hope they can reinstate it.
    Last edited by riptor; 05-07-2009 at 12:14 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You need to wait there for a while until your question is answered.

In the meantime, maybe PM a staff member here as well.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by science View Post
    There is something on my mind that I want to get off though. I think you are dealing with this wrong. I'm no longer trying to get my account back, but I think you should consider this for the future.

When someone breaks the transcode rule, do you ban them? No, you just take away their uploading privileges and give them a warning, because it is usually a mistake. I invited someone who was already a member, and it was a mistake. Instead of getting a warning and my invites taken away, I was banned. I think the punishment doesn't fit the crime. You don't sentence someone to death for stealing a candy bar, so why have the same punishment for someone who faked their stats and someone who made a mistake? Especially the fact that I had been on the site since it was started and never had any other problems, had a good ratio and even bought a seedbox so I could seed my torrents while I was away at university.

I think you guys should look over your rules and maybe make some changes or exceptions. If I had an account for a week and invited someone twice, once right after another, then I would agree, that is a member you don't want on your site if they are just going to bring it down.

Anyways, I'm not asking for my account back because you seem pretty set on not having me back, but I needed to get this off my chest, and if there are any other what.cd members that are reading this, they should know what will get them a ban and what will get them a warn.
    you seems honest and sincere, i feel sorry for you.
    hope you'll find a good replacement.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    You need to wait there for a while until your question is answered.

In the meantime, maybe PM a staff member here as well.
    Well i just pm'ed sexten, so lets see, i haven't done anything wrong or else i wouldn't be wasting my time being here, the people i've invited have been invited over a month ago plus i haven't made any comment recently, the only thing i can recall is not being on the site for a while.

I did got through to them, but my god are they real assholes, serious authority abuse, they say i got banned for inviting a cheater.
    Last edited by riptor; 05-07-2009 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BlackKnight's Avatar In the wake of Gods BT Rep: +1
    hello riptor if I were you I wouldn't say the staff are assholes. You should be nice so you may have some chances
    Into the chaos!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast