Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Insanity of English Football

Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

The only way that would even begin to make sense were if the 4 clubs you mentioned were some sort of consortium, which they aren't.

Oh and suggesting that Manchester United can wipe away their debt by it not getting worse year on year and selling Ronaldo is just naive tripe.
    U lot here take everythings so literally, all i am trying to say is that the premier league is a bit boring because the same top 4 teams seem to be up there every year, u need to take a chill pill. So do u like have a heart attack everytime they talk about the top 4 having a monopoly of the champions league places on TV?

And to be honest i couldnt give a fuck if Man utd are in trouble in fact id love if they go bankrupt. Then what will all u glory supporter do go support Man City? And i never said they would wipe their debt all i was saying £75+mil would help them nicely and that i feel they will be fine.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/MONOPOLY

just for u to see what monopoly is.

Look at number 3 it says exclusive control can mean Monopoly, and if u look at the tables for the last 3 years or so u will find that Man Utd Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea have had been in exclusive control of those top 4 places and can u really see any team outside those 4 teams coming in the top 4 this season? Now DEAL WITH IT.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 04-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    A lot of emotion.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post

The only way that would even begin to make sense were if the 4 clubs you mentioned were some sort of consortium, which they aren't.

Oh and suggesting that Manchester United can wipe away their debt by it not getting worse year on year and selling Ronaldo is just naive tripe.
    U lot here take everythings so literally, all i am trying to say is that the premier league is a bit boring because the same top 4 teams seem to be up there every year, u need to take a chill pill. So do u like have a heart attack everytime they talk about the top 4 having a monopoly of the champions league places on TV?

And to be honest i couldnt give a fuck if Man utd are in trouble in fact id love if they go bankrupt. Then what will all u glory supporter do go support Man City? And i never said they would wipe their debt all i was saying £75+mil would help them nicely and that i feel they will be fine.

Look at number 3 it says exclusive control can mean Monopoly, and if u look at the tables for the last 3 years or so u will find that Man Utd Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea have had been in exclusive control of those top 4 places and can u really see any team outside those 4 teams coming in the top 4 this season? Now DEAL WITH IT.
    Are you actually as stupid as you are making out

"the exclusive possession or control of something". 4 different entities cannot have exclusive control. They can have joint control but that doesn't make a monopoly. It's not the same thing, trust me English is my first language.

"U lot here take everythings so literally, all i am trying to say is that the premier league is a bit boring because the same top 4 teams seem to be up there every year"

So why not say that in the first place, rather than talk shite and use words you clearly don't understand. I don't necessarily agree but at least it makes sense.

Oh and if you're next post doesn't contain the phrase "get a life, get laid, manker" I'll be tres disappointed to the max.
    Last edited by Mr JP Fugley; 04-11-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

Oh and if you're next post doesn't contain the phrase "get a life, get laid, manker" I'll be tres disappointed to the max.
    Oh, t'apple?

Also: happy easter.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-11-2009 at 07:27 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Oh, t'apple?

Happy Easter to you Mr Snee.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Oh, t'apple?

GIRUY Japanese boy.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post

"the exclusive possession or control of something". 4 different entities cannot have exclusive control. They can have joint control but that doesn't make a monopoly. It's not the same thing, trust me English is my first language.

"U lot here take everythings so literally, all i am trying to say is that the premier league is a bit boring because the same top 4 teams seem to be up there every year"

So why not say that in the first place, rather than talk shite and use words you clearly don't understand. I don't necessarily agree but at least it makes sense.

I believe the term you are both looking for is 'oligopoly'

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post

I believe the term you are both looking for is 'oligopoly'
    I'm not looking for any term, just saying that 4 separate entities cannot constitute a monopoly.

I certainly wouldn't be looking for the word oligopoly as it would also be wholly inappropriate to the context.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quadopoly, unfortunately it isn't a word though.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    An oligopoly is a market form in which a market or industry is dominated by a small number of sellers (oligopolists)

IS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast