Thread: Win32/hantaner Virus

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]
    After downloading Cooledit Pro file, my virus prog [AVG 6 Free] detected virus infection. I ran the scan and the file was encrypted & placed in the virus vault. Subsequently I deleted it.

However, AVG is still throwing up frequent warnings, saying that it has detected the Win32/Hantaner virus with this path:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{936903F1-65A9-405E-B0E5-760C1F7EDB9A}\RP87\A0033928.exe

System Volume Information is a hidden file, but is empty.

Searching the registry for the string in curly brackets threw up 2 keys both of which have been cleared of data.

I am still getting the warnings, altho AVG gives me a clean bill of health.

I think if I purge my system restore it may do the trick - has anyone got any guidance?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hbgjerome@21 September 2003 - 20:19
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]
    After downloading Cooledit Pro file, my virus prog [AVG 6 Free] detected virus infection. I ran the scan and the file was encrypted & placed in the virus vault. Subsequently I deleted it.

However, AVG is still throwing up frequent warnings, saying that it has detected the Win32/Hantaner virus with this path:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{936903F1-65A9-405E-B0E5-760C1F7EDB9A}\RP87\A0033928.exe

System Volume Information is a hidden file, but is empty.

Searching the registry for the string in curly brackets threw up 2 keys both of which have been cleared of data.

I am still getting the warnings, altho AVG gives me a clean bill of health.

I think if I purge my system restore it may do the trick - has anyone got any guidance?
    always trun off system restore when doing virus scan, also this is in the wrong section you want software world this is klite problems only

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by hbgjerome@21 September 2003 - 17:19
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]
    After downloading Cooledit Pro...........
    Do people really need a font size THAT big?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Dear musleman - this is a klite problem - users DL folders are infected with this virus - check out the sophos website for more details.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Look try this because this is a Kazaa Virus just turn off Kazaa-lite make sure it's not in systray and then open your shared folder and delete every .exe program u have in there and that should get rid of it cause it just copies itself.