Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus/Trojan/Malware Removal

BANNED
    SpyBot Search and Destroy is really helpful too.....It's very important to prevent a virus from getting into your computer because once it's in....there is really no way to cure it except...*reformat* your PC...

Several programs claim to be able to completely remove virus on PC...but I find that *Reformatting* you PC is really the only way to complete get rid of the virus...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    reformat is the last and final choice, Always use multiple programs to check you are cured, then lastly do an online check to make sure, Myself i have spybot/superantispyware/adaware/avira free/a2cmd and use sandboxie to test any programs that i'm not to sure about as a failsafe.
    I've used the above programs for many years and haven't had any problems yet, so don't reformat at the first sight of a virus, they are all removable with time and patience.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    I always find a very small useful program called "POP-UP" blocker....it really does block unwanted popups.... When I first started using the internet and didn't have popup blockers and anti virus programs....my computer got infected with lots of adwares and virus and whatnot.... I scanned my computers several times with programs such as Norton Anti-Virus....but the virus kept coming back...in the end...I reformatted my PC and stared fresh again...... I found that the only way to *completely* get rid of virus and adware....

Your best bet is to *prevent* adwares and virus......because once it's in......there is really no way to competely remove it...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    There are many ways to get rid of viruses/trojans, Just because you are infected doesn't mean its time to format your drive, Can you Imagine if that was true,no one would even turn there PC on.
    Another way I've just remembered to get rid of nasties is by using a live linux like ubuntu, This can scan your drive and get rid of anything that offending trojan/virus on your windows operating system.
    Just download ubuntu for example,burn it to a cd then boot to the cd at startup, there you can run super-antispyware and many other AV programs, they are all free on linux, Anything they find they will clear for you.
    Other linux live disc's include mint/kubuntu/backtrack 4 the list goes on.I've tried most of them and they do a real good job, no reformatting needed.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    i use rrt.enterprise.edition.v5.0.0.14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12