Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bcg

BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1328 View Post
    close thread its all good now i got my invite to BCG thanks guys all the best
    I would but with an attitude like yours you deserve any abuse you get.

Also why return (only to be banned again)to a site you apparently dislike so much?
    agreed, i have been banned from there by stoi, i didnt bother joining again really. What is the point of being somewhere that you are clearly not wanted? in your case, it is you who shouldnt go back since you were the one whining about it.

-music be with you all
    Last edited by bilkenter; 04-17-2009 at 03:19 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    WOW!! I did not mean for the thread to turn back onto the OP lol.

But just a few points.

1: You got banned i dont know why, neither do i care, you got back in, whatever, I just hope for your referees sake, you dont get caught and banned again.

2: Regarding SP.

It is there to help members like that, Slow speeds, No Leechers.

But what would you rather have, we still have the hit and run policy, but no SP, I know that i can download a torrent on BCG that is 2 years old, and within a week of seeding, i can have a 1 ratio on the torrent, even if no leechers come onto it in the next 2 years.

The whole idea is, members are not scared to download any torrent on the site, because as long as you are a seed, we give you the 1.

Now lets take a site with just global ratio, you download a torrent that is 2 years old, you have no chance of seeding it back, so you either Hit and run it, which does not help the life of the torrent or your ratio, because you still take the hit, regardless of your buffer, or you have to sit on the torrent for months to see a leech, to upload something on that torrent.

and the 20:1 is there, so if you are on a torrent with less that 20 seeds to 1 leecher, you upload to get the leecher, to become a seed, quickly, so you can getback to earning SP.

We also do not have a minimum seeding time either, if you download a torrent and you seed it back to over 1 in 20 minutes, you can stop the thing if you want, it may not be good etiquete, but we do not punish for it.

To me its a great system, I have downloaded torrents that are over 2 years old and got over 1MBs download on them, actually they have maxed out my download of 1900KBs (20meg connection), and i also know that if i can seed something for awhile, my ratio will go up, because a leecher will not be scared to download an older torrent. I seeded Xenosaga 1 for 300 days, it was 15gig (or there abouts) and i uploaded 80gig on it, and that was with a shitty 80KBs ul but or 10 hours of the day 25KBs and that was split over 30+ torrents.

If all you do is grab a game, limit your upload, as soon as you reach 1 with SP, stop it, then you have totally the wrong idea o what we are trying to achieve, we wont ban you for doing that, but its not what it was designed for.

I just cant see anything wrong with the SP System, and this is from someone, who used to have a 500mhz laptop, 11gig hdd, 25KBs upload and used to

Run the tracker
    Be the first to upload games onto Suprnova
    seed those to 1000`s of leechers
    within a week they were dead (because we were public)

So sorry, but i just laugh at those that say "BUT", there is no BUT I have been there and got the T-Shirt, I still have a shit connection, and i also dont use a SeedBox.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    WOW!! I did not mean for the thread to turn back onto the OP lol.

But just a few points.

1: You got banned i dont know why, neither do i care, you got back in, whatever, I just hope for your referees sake, you dont get caught and banned again.

2: Regarding SP.

It is there to help members like that, Slow speeds, No Leechers.

But what would you rather have, we still have the hit and run policy, but no SP, I know that i can download a torrent on BCG that is 2 years old, and within a week of seeding, i can have a 1 ratio on the torrent, even if no leechers come onto it in the next 2 years.

The whole idea is, members are not scared to download any torrent on the site, because as long as you are a seed, we give you the 1.

Now lets take a site with just global ratio, you download a torrent that is 2 years old, you have no chance of seeding it back, so you either Hit and run it, which does not help the life of the torrent or your ratio, because you still take the hit, regardless of your buffer, or you have to sit on the torrent for months to see a leech, to upload something on that torrent.

and the 20:1 is there, so if you are on a torrent with less that 20 seeds to 1 leecher, you upload to get the leecher, to become a seed, quickly, so you can getback to earning SP.

We also do not have a minimum seeding time either, if you download a torrent and you seed it back to over 1 in 20 minutes, you can stop the thing if you want, it may not be good etiquete, but we do not punish for it.

To me its a great system, I have downloaded torrents that are over 2 years old and got over 1MBs download on them, actually they have maxed out my download of 1900KBs (20meg connection), and i also know that if i can seed something for awhile, my ratio will go up, because a leecher will not be scared to download an older torrent. I seeded Xenosaga 1 for 300 days, it was 15gig (or there abouts) and i uploaded 80gig on it, and that was with a shitty 80KBs ul but or 10 hours of the day 25KBs and that was split over 30+ torrents.

If all you do is grab a game, limit your upload, as soon as you reach 1 with SP, stop it, then you have totally the wrong idea o what we are trying to achieve, we wont ban you for doing that, but its not what it was designed for.

I just cant see anything wrong with the SP System, and this is from someone, who used to have a 500mhz laptop, 11gig hdd, 25KBs upload and used to

Run the tracker
    Be the first to upload games onto Suprnova
    seed those to 1000`s of leechers
    within a week they were dead (because we were public)

So sorry, but i just laugh at those that say "BUT", there is no BUT I have been there and got the T-Shirt, I still have a shit connection, and i also dont use a SeedBox.
    the blackened part is what i like about sp system it makes ppl relaxed about ratio one would think that torrents will die cause of this system guess what they live forever lol if you want proof come and see i say its perfect system imho and i wish trackers like bitmetv and what.cd (especially what.cd) adopted it

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I believe they live or a good time, because the seeders know that a a member will want it sooner or later, and more importantly, like i have said, the leecher will not be scared to download it.

That is what i dont understand about the arguments we hear.

"On a global ratio tracker, I can use my Buffer to hit and run other torrents, but i cant do that here, so what is the point of having a buffer"

But the fact is, you can hit and run our torrents, you do not need to get a 1 ratio with uploading, just seed for a bit and we give you the 1 ratio, which to me has to be better than on a global ratio tracker.

Lets say a member has 20gig up and 10 gig down, they download an old 5 gig torrent.

On a global ratio tracker, they will have 20up 15 down, on BCG they will have 25gig up and 15 down (if no leechers show up and they use SP) so they still have a better ratio on BCG than a Global Ratio Tracker.

OK they had to seed it or a week, but so what, it doesnt hurt you that much.

It just boggles my mind sometimes lol

It also has the added benefit, that trading a buffered account, is useless, even if the buffer is 50TB you cant just hit and run everything on the tracker.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    well probably he wants grab all torrents at once since sp system requires some time in order to kick in and bigger is torrent longer is time and currently bcg has 2 dl limits (5 for sp system) this thing kinda needs patience thats his problem i think he lacks it

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Well how many games can you play at once.

Yes there is a 2 dl limit because everyone is a user.

But we have increased the SP limit to 5 at a time, and taken off the limit for seeding torrents (it used to be 15, its now 999)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    well you can't eat much candy but when you are in candy store you simply want them all with no limitation was a bit extreme example but for gamer bcg is like candy store i sometimes want to do that also gonna admit it but don't get me wrong i don't say its right or anything its kinda obsession i think also i am not sure if op feels the same way
    Last edited by eric13; 04-17-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    yep, now seems that I have nothing to argue about, stoi.
    my only problem in the past was the connection added up to my small hd. It's quite crazy even for me to say that somehow I didn't like it in the past.

I think that I just got really pissed once (that I remember) that I had a small buffer, downloaded a small game (like 1 cd or something), it took me like 2 days to download and I had to wait another good amount of time just to play it because my hd was full and I think I had another game seeding for seed points already or... well, it was something like this... uhh, nevermind!

Again, looking to your "torrenting maths", ok, I would had to wait some more days to play it anyway but in general it was much worst to have to upload everything back later.

Anyway, I wish I had a "bad" connection like you do stoi uhauahuahuah

just to leave a side note: what I think BCG do best is worry about it's members. This "worries" made them improve the simple upload/download job and it's ratio system to what we know and love today and they're still keeping the good work and always thinking about a way to make it even better.

... but the forum design...gosh, what is that dark gray think in the middle of my white and clean stylesheet?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Go to

http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum

and it wont be in frame, it will be in its own tab. (I dont like the inrame version that much either)

And as for the colours, we have 5 Forum skins, Bottom left of the main page of the forums, Drop down list with the skins you can choose from.

Exactly the same place as it is on this forum.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-17-2009 at 08:40 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Go to

http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum

and it wont be in frame, it will be in its own tab. (I dont like the inrame version that much either)
    Well, are you going to kill me if I ask for help with accessing it via PM or something? I would like to ask something else too...

And as for the colours, we have 5 Forum skins, Bottom left of the main page of the forums, Drop down list with the skins you can choose from.

Exactly the same place as it is on this forum.
    Yep but in the framed version, it would be easier to locate if it was in the top and none of them seems to match my tracker skin don't worry about it.../
    Last edited by 7th; 04-17-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast