Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PassThePopcorn database lost; massive fail

Hello, PTP has experience massive sql data loss at this time. We are working to restore a backup of the database. This database is from 3-27-09. We will be opening up registrations to allow anyone who recently joined after that time to re-register. Thanks! Sorry about all of this. Pham
    Ok, I left PTP because their site frustrated me, but WOW. I love how the post says "PTP experienced massive sql data loss" trying to play it off like it crashed on it's own. To have a loss like that it's 100% of the time the coders fault. Part of being of being a coder is being in charge of the db....that includes daily backups.... WTF @ the last backup being March 27th.....that's just damn sloppy.

This site has been fail since the start. All they've done is copied Gazelle and changed words to say 'movies' or 'directors'. If you're a member I suggest you jump from the fail boat. Who knows, next time their database could get hacked or soething...

get out while you can still get your shit deleted!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    There is no excuse for not having a recent backup. I really hope people move to TC.

And btw, TC needs to get better stylesheets. Their default one is really dark.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I agree. TC is taking off right now after what.cd gave everyone invites. And for what.cd to do that really says a lot because what.cd created gazelle and thats [rettty much a approval stamp from them. It's really an amazing site.

Yeah they need to let us make stylesheets. Maybe they'll make a lighter one for spring

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I lol'ed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    This page was created in 22.48418 second(s) on April 15th 2009, 08:46

Load: 7.46, 6.77, 6.62 on 8 cores.

The site is really messed up..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    So what ? It happens. Even so, PassThePopcorn rullz and it's a great tracker.
    Last edited by maddoxro; 04-15-2009 at 09:35 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    Um, no, it doesn't "happen". Only an incompetent coder would let that "happen". And to have a backup that outdated is ridiculous.

And to call it a "great tracker" is laughable. It's alright, but it's going nowhere fast. They've done nothing to set themselves apart from any other Gazelle based tracker.

Go join TC if you want to see a tracker done right.
    Last edited by oddball09; 04-15-2009 at 10:30 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    Um, no, it doesn't "happen". Only an incompetent coder would let that "happen". And to have a backup that outdated is ridiculous.

And to call it a "great tracker" is laughable. It's alright, but it's going nowhere fast. They've done nothing to set themselves apart from any other Gazelle based tracker.

Go join TC if you want to see a tracker done right.
    You are getting a free service right? I can understand that you criticize them, yet it seems kinda harsh. Things happen and i am quite sure running a tracker isnt their only job, a relative might be dead or any other problems among them. Not a member of that site btw. I am sure they are gonna fix it, if you dont like it, why bother being with them? you dont have to try and impose an opinion on others though.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    Blah. -.-

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Oddball09 considering that you have made exactly 6 posts here , all slagging PTP/praising Tehconnection I would consider your "opinion" suspect at best.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast