Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palatable Communion.

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I always found the big ones to be tastier. They're sweeter.

I do believe in God, but I don't believe in religion as such. I think I have mentioned this before. My husband was raised protestant and I was raised catholic. Served as an altar girl and I used to go to church at least once a week up until I was about 16.
    At that point I decided that I would no longer attend church because the ideas they have are in no way linear with my own ideas of what or who God is.

I believe you can have faith without having to conform to dogma or rule, applied by an organisation too rich and powerful for its own good.

For that very reason I won't have my son christened, nor will I take him to church or send him to a catholic school. You don't need a set of rules and a building to believe or to pray.

I believe, though, that faith is a very personal thing and each should experience it as he or she wants without pushing other people into it.
    I think that means you're going to someone elses hell i'm afarid.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Watching endless repeats of THE OMEN I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII is enough to keep me away from Churches for life, maybe thats why im so afraid to go to a funeral.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Gemmell feels the same way about churches. And nuns, he definitely doesn't like nuns.

BTW. I never realised that the theme tune from 'Charmed' is a cover from a song by The Smiths

@ benchez: It says in the bible ' You can find God under every stone etc etc' ( I'm paraphrasing here btw). I think it means you don;t have to go to church, so there, I smothered your argument with my biblical knowledge. Look at me catholisising. W00t.
    Last edited by Skweeky; 04-17-2009 at 08:48 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I get the not liking nuns and the other general creepiness associated. But I don't understand why they uniformly make the host unpalatable.

Is this limited to Irish Catholics? What is the accepted Christ embodiment? Will a sausage roll not do?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Skweeky. I feel crushed by your ironing.
    Last edited by Something Else; 04-17-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I NUNS

Last edited by Alien5; 04-17-2009 at 08:57 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    I get the not liking nuns and the other general creepiness associated. But I don't understand why they uniformly make the host unpalatable.

Is this limited to Irish Catholics? What is the accepted Christ embodiment? Will a sausage roll not do?

Or a wee cracker with some cheese on it. That would go better with the vino.

I always found it strange that the priest in our village used white wine for the mass.

8. Lounge   -   #18

9. Lounge   -   #19
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Don't worry guys. If our leaders manage to get their ways, we'll all be praying to Allah within a generation or two, regardless of what our original religious viewpoints are.

The UK is fast becoming another Islamic State.

Then we won't have any choice at all...
    Last edited by TheFoX; 04-17-2009 at 10:05 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    London is first in line.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast