Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Filesharing Program

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Gre1+22 September 2003 - 21:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gre1 @ 22 September 2003 - 21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Broken@23 September 2003 - 00:49
    but i think some of the people that are scared will flock to this.
    That&#39;s what I said mostly only the noob&#39;s out there who just watch the news and think they will get sued. [/b][/quote]
    People that go for kazaa gold and plus will. Those dum ass&#39;s

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    u can&#39;t burn the mp3&#39;s to cd and also u can&#39;t transport it to portable mp3 players so basically they are trying to keep the music tied to your computer.
    Although it would be cumbersome and cause a loss in quality, you could still burn them to cd by outputting the analogue sound that was meant to go to the speakers to a standalone recorder then inputting it back onto the computer as digital media. The resulting mp3 file would not be locked but it would suck because of the loss of bitrate.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    They also, got one for there Mini Disc New MD stuff too.
    You can only copy the encoded &#39;Atrac3&#39; to Sony&#39;s New MD&#39;s though.

That sucks too.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Why would you complain about a company setting limits on what you do with something they have given you for free?

I don&#39;t understand why everyone seems to think things should be free. I can understand not wanting to pay inflated prices, but now your even complaining about free. Should they start paying you to listen now?

Your probably the same people who complain that it takes too long to download a file. What&#39;s the hurry, your not paying for it?

This is not meant to be a flame, just can&#39;t understand the problem you have with what they are trying to do. It&#39;s a step. At least they aren&#39;t suing you too.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@23 September 2003 - 04:16
    u can&#39;t burn the mp3&#39;s to cd and also u can&#39;t transport it to portable mp3 players so basically they are trying to keep the music tied to your computer.
    Although it would be cumbersome and cause a loss in quality, you could still burn them to cd by outputting the analogue sound that was meant to go to the speakers to a standalone recorder then inputting it back onto the computer as digital media. The resulting mp3 file would not be locked but it would suck because of the loss of bitrate.
    Nobody, is about to go through all that just to burn a song that they can normally burn for free.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Free is good, but I reckon they&#39;ll add subscription costs to it anyway...

And it is really annoying when a file you want takes ages to download. There might not be a hurry and yes it is free, but for about an hour during the download it&#39;s really annoying...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I highly doubt they will add subscription fees because people who are smart will just stay with what they are using now (and if there were subscription fess they still would). You don&#39;t what the speed will be like so u can&#39;t comment yet.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    these record companies are so stupid.. they want to charge us 99 cents a song.. and not let us burn them to cds.. such bullshit.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by mogadishu@23 September 2003 - 14:53
    these record companies are so stupid.. they want to charge us 99 cents a song.. and not let us burn them to cds.. such bullshit.
    Where did u hear about that 99 cent thing?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    ill pay 50 cents a song for a service over the internet where i can mix anything onto a cd for 50 cents a song and get cover art (of my choice cuz it would be mixed) and lyrics, pluse i can sample anything at 128 bit quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast