Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend your favorite obcure band

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    The other thread had an extremely confusing title and got locked, I assume because people posted popular albums.

Post your favorite relatively unknown artist(ie not mainstream music or mainstream 'indie' music) and cover art for their best works. Tell us something about them and don't make a spammy 2 word post like "dre - chronic" or I may get pissed and warn you, cause you obviously don't read thread content and post for no reason.

I'll go first:

Polar Bear Club - (Heavy melodic punk rawk)

The Redder The Better EP

My Highlights: Election Day, Most Miserable Life

Sometimes Things Just Disappear

My Highlights: Hollow Place, Heart Attack at Thirty, As 'Twere the Mirror, Burned out in a Jar, but pretty much the whole album actually

These guys are great punk/post-hardcore in the vein of Hot Water Music, but more melodic. There's a great balance of screaming and singing, but its not instantly accessible like The Gaslight Anthem are. These albums have kept growing on me since I've started to listen to the band. I'll recommend this to anyone with an open mind and curiosity, or if you like punk and want something a bit heavier but still very melodic and catchy.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-18-2009 at 05:57 PM.

2. Music   -   #2
    Steve Kimock's Crazy Engine

kimock.com

RIDICULOUSLY GOOD JAMMING!

3. Music   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Malajube

They are performing worldwide now but it's still an underground success and I don't think it's meant to change. I heard it's very popular in some college radios in the US.

If you decided to give it a try, I would suggest starting with the album named Trompe-L'oeil

They recently released another album :

That's powerful stuff, watch out
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-06-2011 at 03:17 AM.

4. Music   -   #4
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Polar Bear Club are great...cant wait for some new stuff.

Gaslight Anthem is also pretty cool stuff...american rock mixed with punk and a bit of folk...its all good.

T.S.O.L. you arent on punknews.org by any chance...haha =D
    Last edited by Celerystalksme; 04-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.

5. Music   -   #5
    Comets on fire

6. Music   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme View Post
    Polar Bear Club are great...cant wait for some new stuff.

Gaslight Anthem is also pretty cool stuff...american rock mixed with punk and a bit of folk...its all good.

T.S.O.L. you arent on punknews.org by any chance...haha =D
    Wow never thought I'd meet someone with such obscure (yet awesome) music tastes as me here on FST . I just reg'd with the nick 'TSOL'. I've lurked punknews on and off for awhile but never registered. PM me ur nick there and I'll keep an eye out for you

Quote Originally Posted by SoapBar View Post
    Comets on fire
    You couldn't even write ONE sentence as to why I should check them out? Damn my lack of mod powers in this section!
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-23-2009 at 03:17 AM.

7. Music   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Is obcure a genera of music, I've not heard of...

I've been enjoying Robot Has A Werewolf Hand, lately, mostly because I like their blend of howling, monkey fucking a football sound; not because of their rareness, lyke (that would be mental, and ghey, ffs)

Noobs.

-brotherdoobie

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post

I've been enjoying Robot Has A Werewolf Hand, lately, mostly because I like their blend of howling, monkey fucking a football sound; not because of their rareness, lyke (that would be mental, and ghey, ffs)

Noobs.

-brotherdoobie
    Was trying introduce people to good music they would not hear otherwise, not trying to be snobby. I've got a "Robot Has a Werewolf Hand" cd somewhere on my desktop, thanks for the reminder; I'll check em out tomorrow cause I've got a long train ride. Maybe start a 'popular music you should check out' thread and get bombarded with suggestions of trance and metallica?

-T
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-23-2009 at 08:25 PM.

9. Music   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post

Noobs.

-brotherdoobie
    Was trying introduce people to good music they would not hear otherwise, not trying to be snobby. I've got a "Robot Has a Werewolf Hand" cd somewhere on my desktop, thanks for the reminder; I'll check em out tomorrow cause I've got a long train ride. Maybe start a 'popular music you should check out' thread and get bombarded with suggestions of trance and metallica?

-T

I never said you were being snobby. You inferred that I was referring to you, lass.

-bd

10. Music   -   #10
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Amancio D'Silva

Listen - A street in Bombay

Konkan Dance

whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast