Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Do you respect the scene?

Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post

Why does anybody do anything?

Respect, gratification, reward, y'know, the usual pursuits of ordinary individuals.
    Not why do they do it ?Why should I respect them for thievery?
    By that twisted logic I should respect anyone that breaks the law as well. . because I'm sure that they do it with just as much altruism as is involved with the scene.

And the bit about for respecting for the inherent risk:poppycock, see above.

Have the OP change the wording to appreciate instead of respect and I might agree though.
    Well, the scene is arguably the fastest and most efficient files distribution network in the world, and I respect it just for that.

Whether you respect "them" is neither here nor there, but you have to respect "it", in my view anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    What I find amusing is people thinking of "the scene" as some kind of single entity or place.
    I think the people who've been here long enough know that it's not just a single entity or place
    Hah, where do you mean by here? FileSharingTalk? :rofl:
    Last edited by Squizzle; 04-22-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I wouldn't say I respect them per sé ... I know they are the ones that make it possible for me to get the files I want. Am I gratefull for that? Yes ... Do i respect them for that? No, since I don't know 'the scene' ins and outs. All I know I have from hearsay and I can't base a sound judgement on that.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Well, the scene is arguably the fastest and most efficient files distribution network in the world, and I respect it just for that.

Whether you respect "them" is neither here nor there, but you have to respect "it", in my view anyway.
    I see that point that you are trying to make .A person can be a fan of say the Premier League and still not admire a majority of players therein.
    However as I am not necessarily an acolyte of computer technology in the first place(or for that matter an admirer of artifice over individual), although your point is valid ,in my case it doesn't apply.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Hah, where do you mean by here? FileSharingTalk? :rofl:
    Yes

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    what kind fo question is this?
    most ppl would answer this question if they knew the sceners. (which i doubt)
    You just cant respect something that you dont know shizz about.
    As radiance already said, it more apt to ask, whether you download scene stuff or not.
    As far as i am concerned, yeah i download the scene releases, but respecting it is a different matter altogether.
    I do appreciate the effort they put in to share the stuff in an efficient manner though.
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 04-28-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567