Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Usenetworld.net?

Anyone have any experience with them? Seems too good to be true. $19.95 for 12 months unlimited service with 110 days retention? Also you get a free copy of newsrover and every 50th subscriber gets a free ipod touch??

http://usenetworld.net/
    Last edited by EyeBaller; 04-18-2009 at 05:52 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most likely a scam.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    the website looks like its out of one of those premade template packages
    i call scam
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    hasu's Avatar * 3 Terabyte * BT Rep: +1
    can't find any reviews of it anywhere. it's fake and scam.
    -= Do not just say "it doesn't work!" =-
    my the oldest tracker - Join date 2005-07 (
    284 weeks ago)

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    The server works fine.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    It's obviously not a fly-by-night operation, as the company has been around since 2003, and is even listed on News Rover's web page of usenet providers - and has been for several years.

http://www.newsrover.com/service.htm

(granted, it seems nearly all the providers listed either pay for referrals or contract with News Rover to supply a newsreader with the NSP's server details hard-coded - so it's not exactly an unbiased "recommendation")

Even though Usenetworld has been around for many years, I've not been able to find any complaints about them - or really much discussion about them at all.

This may well be a legitimate news service, but obviously at a price of only $1.66/month for "unlimited" - it won't take many heavy downloaders to completely bust their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBackup View Post
    The server works fine.
    The service might work just fine for new users, but the big question is ... does the service get worse for heavy users? Do they throttle or cut off people who download a lot of gigs? I'm sure they will.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't trust it, how could anyone offer good service for that price? Anyways, could be a reseller of NewsHosting. news-usenetworld.net pings to unlimited.newshosting.com <- that is NewsHosting's unlimited server, so the service could infact be what it says on the site. No idea how they would be able to do that though.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Someone who has $20 to spare go ahead and sign up and see what happens, after all it's only $20 and you could win a iPod touch, hell you might even win a giant whale.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Last edited by ericab; 04-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    --
    Last edited by zubzeero; 03-04-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast