Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a seed box for a specific purpose

abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

Unsure

I'm seeking for a seedbox for a while and didn't find a good one to serve my needs.

the main purpose to buy a seedbox is to upload files on rapidshare . And these files are from torrent sites which I have to keep good ratio on it but mainly I need the seedbox for uploading not buffering .

And the biggest problem is that not only me that will work on uploading , but like 8 people who will do the same work .

So , I'm searching for a way to give my friends access to the seed box and let them download and upload on rs ( using rs uploader or manager program ) all on the same box .

I don't like remote uplaoding that rs provide , so I think the best way is by remote desktop connection ( or windows 2003 web edition as some one suggest b4 ), or something similar .

So can anyone suggest a good seed box let me do what I want ?

I can pay like 80 Euro per month ( I can handle setup fees )

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I´ve sent some info that could be interesting for you, check your inbox abosamer

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    answered to some pms

But can some one write here what is the best thing that I should get ?
    Last edited by abosamer; 04-20-2009 at 06:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BethCooper's Avatar cute as can be BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Maybe a server with powerful hardware and Ubuntu/Debian with Gnome would suit you well.
    Easy to create multiple user accounts, easy to use and learn the invironment.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    You need powerful hardware

Either hosting-ie / server.lu . OVH can cap you for excessive usage

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AnesZverotic View Post
    Maybe a server with powerful hardware and Ubuntu/Debian with Gnome would suit you well.
    Easy to create multiple user accounts, easy to use and learn the invironment.
    Can I make many ubuntu/Debian accounts on the same dedicated server , so my friends can uses them ?

And can I install rs uploader program on each ?

Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    You need powerful hardware

Ok thanks for the info on OVH

but I think Hosting-IE is not in my mind now after some bad experiance that I heard about them .
    Last edited by abosamer; 04-20-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    then server.lu is good

for 69E , you can get the DS4000 with Athlon X2 4800+ , 4 GB RAM and 640GB HDD

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by abosamer View Post
    Can I make many ubuntu/Debian accounts on the same dedicated server , so my friends can uses them ?
    And can I install rs uploader program on each ?
    Sure, you can make unlimited accounts on dedicated linux box.
    Use google and search linux rapidshare upload script, like:
    http://images.rapidshare.com/software/rsapiresume.pl
    http://www.brutal-billig.com/howto-u...are-links.html
    or
    http://code.google.com/p/python-rapidshare-upload/
    Last edited by sparcode; 04-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    Only if you max out your connection constantly. I think that with 8 people doing things at the same time, will quickly send your server to a "abuser-LAN" and give you a much lower speed indeed.

I might be a better idea to find even better suppliers like LeaseWeb. You will pay (a bit) more but you will always have 100Mbit or whatever you pay for.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I have also recommended to him Leaseweb, but he only wants to expend around 80€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast