View Poll Results: Which one/ones have the best 1080p HD Encode Rips?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • CtrlHD

100 34.48%
  • EuReKA

100 34.48%
  • REFiNED

18 6.21%
  • iLL

7 2.41%
  • PerfectionHD

13 4.48%
  • ESiR

132 45.52%
  • CHD

22 7.59%
  • BLiND

6 2.07%
  • CiNEFiLE

17 5.86%
  • SiLU

10 3.45%
  • SZ

4 1.38%
  • SiNNERS

41 14.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: In Your Opinion, Which is the Best HD Encode/Rip Group?

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yep I grabbed a few wiki releases from HDChina. Nice quality and a lot of their releases are free leech. I preffer wiki over any other group ATM.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    REFiNED and EuReKA

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAllusionist View Post
    Another thing is that when people say a p2p group, it just means that they are non-scene and use a peer-to-peer method. Most of the these groups are on private HD torrent sites or members of usenet groups. Both of these are dedicated to quality and that is why I see their rips as an extra seal of assurance.

If you mean p2p as in grabbing something from thepiratebay or mininova, there certainly wouldn't be the same commitment to quality.

/rant
    "KingBen(666)" is as public as you can get. Originally from Kingdom-KvCD (Public torrent forum) he started with releasing KvCD, he then went on fixing scene releases . Need I mention aXXo or FXG?

Quote Originally Posted by VinX View Post
    REFiNED and EuReKA
    Why?

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    if you want to see more releases from WiKi, you should join HDChina. It's where that group comes from and that's why WiKi isn't so popular.
    I know that, thanks. I actually joined HDChina a short while ago because of this (great not to understand a single word on a tracker btw., gives it that special 'exotic' feeling. Can't beat not understanding the rules at all, yet trying to follow them...in a a way...). Since I haven't been there for long, I haven't seen many of their releases so far, but what I have seen is pretty good.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    EuReKA and WiKi is good

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    WiKi is actually pretty darn good. Checked a few more of their releases now, and those guys know how to encode for sure. They should be in the list at least, would deserve it more than a few of the others listed.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    brento's Avatar Poster
    ESiR, because my HDTV is 720p

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    WiKi is actually pretty darn good. Checked a few more of their releases now, and those guys know how to encode for sure. They should be in the list at least, would deserve it more than a few of the others listed.

Like I said. Wiki is my favorite so far. I like it better than ESiR. I haven't checked out EuReKA's releases yet because they are big and they are mostly 1080p but I would think that if they are that big they must be as good or close to Wiki's quality as well.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Eureka releases usually are very good, and not all of them are huge. For compatibility reasons, they are my favourite 1080p group, as explained earlier. Just an example: ESiRs 1080p Blu-Ray rip of Transformers, which isn't exactly small either (around 12.5GB), will not play back properly on hardware players, due to the relatively high number of reference frames used. Eureka's release (the repack, of course) is around 14.5GB, but probably the very best rip of that movie I have seen so far. Like all Eureka releases, it will play back on hardware players with no problems whatsoever, and the quality is excellent.

WiKi definitely release some good stuff indeed. Their Iron Man 1080p Blu-Ray rip is very very good, for example, and their 720p rips are excellent also, at least the ones I have seen so far.

P.S.: Before you mention it: those 'popcorn' movies, Iron Man, Transformers and such, are probably the best choices for comparing encodes. Not only are they action packed, with a lot of fast action scenes etc., the Blu-Ray source usually is of excellent quality also, both video and audio quality wise.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    All hail China! Seriously, the chinese HD groups, P2P in particular, need to get more attention and props! Just checked the samples of both 1080p rips of Benjamin Button, done by CHD and HDS, and they both are excellent! No comparison to the (undersized, crappy audio, or both) scene crap released so far.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast