Thread: Some Help PLZ. I wanna request a TV Series to be posted ??

mikeydood's Avatar Member
    Hi guys

Im an absolute noob

i know how to use grabit and im registered with Thundernews and i can look for and download files i want using newsleech/binsearch BUT !!!

i've searched for a TV Series and its not there so How do i request it so i can download it.

The TV Series is Steven Speilberg's Taken. Its about Alien abduction. theres 6 DVD's in the set and i'd like the Divx/Xvid version.

Thanx in Advance for the help

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    alt-bin.com

They have IRC chans. where you can request most anything. "#altbin@efnet" once there just join the appropriate channel, IE. "#alt.binaries.movies.divx" or "#Alt.Binaries.Cd.Image.Playstation2.Dvdiso" ,etc. and request what you are after.

http://alt-bin.com/index.php?pg=i&ch...aries.tvseries

http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers&server_id=33
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydood View Post
    i've searched for a TV Series and its not there so How do i request it so i can download it.

The TV Series is Steven Speilberg's Taken. Its about Alien abduction. theres 6 DVD's in the set and i'd like the Divx/Xvid version.

Thanx in Advance for the help
    These have been posted so many times, it's unreal you didn't find them..BUT not necessarily in reduced format like DIVX/XVID, but in full DVD format (particularly in NTSC). In fact, in looking at a couple of 'trackers' I use (Newzbin and NZBMatrix), the entire disc set was once again posted TWICE just in the last 30 days.

If either of those formats are your choice, then you need to get set up to generate them from full-bandwidth DVD's, as that's the format you'll run into most on Usenet (either NTSC or PAL).

I used to do Divx years ago, when blank DVD's were >$5/ea., but at <$0.25cents each for DVD5 blanks (and $1/ea for DVD9's), I long ago tossed that.

If my memory serves, the original discs are all DVD5's, so easy as pie to do (after stripping out the 'crud'). But on TV episodic discs (the DVD9's), it's easy as spit to 'split' the disk (say 4 episodes on it), into 2 DVD5's with 2 episodes each. Modify the menu system as well, and the discs are ready to roll.

Again, it all (simply) requires the software to 'crunch the numbers' so to speak. It all depends on what you want as a result in the end. I have a large stack of Divx stuff I've slowly gone through and done 'properly' with full DVD's, over the years, the last 'in the pile' seems to be the series 'Smalleville', which I'll get back to at some point...
    Last edited by Beck38; 04-19-2009 at 08:18 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mikeydood's Avatar Member
    Thank you for the replies. Liberty ill check them out man thanx and to Beck im gonna check again thanx for the heads up.

Ill get back in touch if i get stuck.