Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DarkSide shuts down on 1st of May

Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I 've been asked to translate the announcement from DS - homepage.
    Here it is.
    Official, from DS frontpage:

Ha még nem találtál más torrentoldalt, vagy szeretnél bejutni máshova is, itt a lehetőség!
    Az alábbi linkre kattintva (......) beregisztrálhatsz a BH-re: BH - regisztráció.
    Azonban ez a lehetőség is véges, csak 10.000 felhasználó kerülhet be így. Ha érdekel a dolog ne habozz, regisztrálj!
    Figyelem! Ha az itteni mailcímed már használatban van a bitHUmen-en, nem fog engedni regisztrálni!

Ennyi szabad hely van még:....

Az alábbi linkkel pedig regisztrálhatzs a HDPre-re!

Translation:

In case You haven't found an alternative yet, here's Your chance. With clicking on the link here (on the homepage)....You can signup for BH. This option is limited: only 10,000 members have a chance to get in. If this option has raised Your interest, don't hesitate, join!
    Attention! If Your email is already in use on BH, You can't signup!
    There are....places available.

With this other link below, You can signup for HDPre (Good Hungarian HD - tracker)
    Last edited by Sylar666; 04-26-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Much appreciated Sylar.. thnks for news

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    MODERATION BT Rep: +3
    thanks sylar for this good info

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Der0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Very sad indeed.It is a great tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thanks for info Sylar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    OMG .. another one .. i think that anti-piracy people are getting better

Last edited by VinX; 04-26-2009 at 03:31 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I hope bH won't shut down like DS does :S

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @vinx, anti -piracy lobbygroups had nothing to do whatsoever with this particular case - DS closing down. They (DS- Staff) get sick and tired of the mentality and moral of new breed of so called "torrenters", appalled by the immense number of H'n'R cases. They though that operating a tracker like this (with no donation, no P2L) is kinda uphill battle. They had enough - they called it a day. A non - friendly environment with the freezing Anti-Pirate climate was an extra motivator. Sadly, because that one (DS) was a real good tracker, count on me.
    Last edited by Sylar666; 04-26-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Buster
    For the better understandig here's an offical statement from another DarkSide administrator, he mentioned Sylar as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade the PCGamer
    Let me quote somebody, its a topic starter post from a well-known P2P forum/portal:

Sylar666 írta:
    Another one bites the dust...
    One of Hungary's best and most professional trackers ends operation on 1st of May. The

causes are various, more details are available on the frrontpage.
    Simply speaking: they had enough and the Staff are appalled by the recent influx of lame

releasers and the worsening attitude of the users.
    Let me be a little bit personal for a second.
    This is a very sad moment for me - DS has been one of my favorite trackers. It was my

2nd tracker to get in...The content, the friendly atmosphere, good design. Thanx for the

hard work and enthusiasm You've put in this tracker.I 'll miss DS, and wish all good for

the Staff.

Here are the reasons in nutshell, but let me explain a little bit. As we named our necrolog, first and foremost the hungarian torrentsociety's current state and attitude leads our to shut down the site. I don't know if you get involved or not, the fact is in the past years this whole thing gets cheaper. Countless new tracker opened, a lot of new release team started doing his own thing and so on - but the quality is just getting lower and lower. I promise you will understand why titled the domestic bittorrent state one of our owner (the author of the necrolog) as ridiculous, sidgusting and miserable.

Most of these new trackers are built for gaining money from the users, directly or undirectly. Registration only (and buying upload) with SMS code, every page is full with banners, fake lotterys (for various, but expensive "prizes"), donated moneys used for site owner's wellfare instead of running costs, selling user's email adress to spammers and the list goes on. Of course, the staff don't give a damn about "vocational" things: like filtering multi-accounts, hit&runners, Peasants, trash torrents and so on. Only what matters is to collect as many user as they can, which equals more money (via the methods what I mentioned above). I nearly forget say about their technical side, but IMHO you can guess it ... awful. Build a tracker with zero own development, just put together stolen icons/styesheets/headers/etc and rename it, set some wack server behind it and lets rock - this is a word 8-9 times outta 10. Oh, and they best: with a little luck you can buy fully custom-built (!), complete frontend - without a permission of the original developers. Dammit.

The another feature is the inexpertly, newcoming "releasers". At the first (few) time its ridiculous seeing far abnormal tech data in their NFO files, but this smile easily can turn to crying. Making a ton of dupe without a pin of knowledge (of course breaking almost every standards and unwritten rules) is daily right now. Huge and totally pointless packs, stolen sources and renamed releases (sometimes without even replacing the original NFO with a new!), thats also part of the game in here. The best evidence for the domestic relations is a FAREWELL wave last year, full with already proven and excellent releasers. It is not worth talking about more, all I want to note is a little "incentive" from others can turn tables in this area too (but between you and me just call it his name, simply treason).

So here is whats going on right now, but listen close, here comes the essence. All of these things can't be exist without the users. If they don't show interest, if they don't ensure demand for this stuffs they couldn't be here. But they are, and this is exactly what reflect in every time when a leader a great tracker/rls group says "Its enough, we bring quality for a long time, and seems like it doesn't make sense". Its all about a demand/supply interaction, and believe me, it is really capsized. I don't want to generalize the situation what we (the hungarian bittorrent community) are in, we have users who deserve respect and appreciate, who are feels the real meaning the p2p. Althoug is just two words - sharing and free -, seems the major part don't understand it. The key is the "major", if they was a thin layer nobody don't give a damn about it. But at the and of the day, every people who sacrifice his time, put considerable amount of money and energy to create something quality will be dissapointed because the lackness of esteem. Its not about empty phrases and all that: if the crowd settle for the low-end you feel its not worth to do more than that. And you choose to quit, because you know that you don't work under your best and wouldn't like turn your resources to dead projects. Especially if you don't have as much time as before. Believe me, if a siteowner can leave his masterpiece alone because he is sick and tired, the decision is so real, deliberate ... and eventual.

Don't get me wrong, as I said we (both the DarkSide and the hungarian bittorrent public) have peoples who deserves every advantage of p2p. Hey, we made our announce just since ~43 hours and the topic related to a news still extremly active, we still being bombed by PM's and so on. Noot just from the "simple" users: as soon as our releasers (who worked exclusively just to here) heard the news they announced their FAREWELLs too, and some of our Uploaders already retired from the bittorrent becasue of the closing down. Plus bags of acknowledgement, countless (good) wishes, a lot of touching personal stories and R.I.P. - the respect and appreciate that almost everybody shows towards the DarkSide is the evidence of my statement.

And you (dear foreign DS users) was also a part of it. I still surprised how much non-hungarian we have, especially because we never had a language switching option. Let me thank you for being here and using the site properly, hope you enjoyed the time you spent in here! A little personal story from me: back in the day (perhaps somewhere in 2007) I found an invite tree where the oldest of the five member is from Canada, and the just registered one is from Egypt: the rest three belonged different countries, along this "line". And believe me, we had a a couple of lines like that in the DarkSide's circulation. So you can be anywhere in the world, from America (I mean the continent), to Asia, or even Europe to Africa, the most important is being here. And this goes to the aussies too.

Greetz,
    Shade the PCGamer
    (via DS Forum/International forums/About close-down)

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    Attention! If Your email is already in use on BH, You can't signup!
    nice reminder in case people would make dupe accounts
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast