Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I don't like games anymore

Lately it seems games make me downright angry. I've been playing on easy to help calm me. I do like a challenge but I get so tired of reloading and playing the same crap over again because your stuck in a certain area. When it forces you to sit through dialogue over and over is even worse. I was into achievements for a while and those are just designed to make people go insane. I have a friend that works full time and was some how able to get 50k legit xbox gamer points. These kind of people are usually very strange.

If I can find a game that doesn't make me have anger management issues it usually sucks anyway.

I used to have all 3 systems. Sold my Wii and don't miss it at all. I'm now thinking of giving my xbox the boot also. The only game I found truly fun was Fallout 3 and its available on pc anyway. Most the other games have ranged from total crap, so so, or good and to short. Maybe the quality of games have just went down. I can still load up StarCraft after 12 years and have fun.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 04-21-2009 at 10:47 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The problem with games nowadays whippersnapper are they are created to be marvels of technical achievement with only an afterthought to playablility.
    In the olden days without all the fancy graphics,games where built from the fun factor out.

To that extent they are a lot like present torrenters .Every putz can tell you about ripping and encoding but most most are obvious to the human element that makes it all worthwhile.

3. Games   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I'm the exact opposite, I haven't found a game I like for quite some time, let alone anything hard, RE5 was like cutting cake, if you haven't played RE5 pick it up. And there was plenty of great 360 titles out there, but I've beat most of them or have no interest in playing, but there are some good games coming out. There have been few games that get me stuck like that, and normally those are the games I despise anyway. I've broken a few controllers over stupidity and getting mad, generally over sports games, football, basketball and baseball. But I've learned to control my frustration, remember it's just a game.
    [center]

4. Games   -   #4
    I think a lot of the games seeming to difficult is just the fact that I don't feel like playing and I'm forcing myself to finish them. I'm playing mass effect right now on easy. Its not a bad game at all but I'm not getting in touch with the rpg element of it. I like the story but dont feel like exploring as I did in fallout.

Resident evil is next on my list but I'm going to get it from gamefly.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 04-22-2009 at 02:17 AM.

5. Games   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yeah I rented it for 5 days and beat it under that.

As for Mass Effect, I played it straight through, it's one of my favs, along with Fallout 3, and BioShock.
    [center]

6. Games   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hmm well I'd recommend Morrowind and Oblivion, cause they are sandbox rpgs like Fallout and aren't difficult as much as they are timeconsuming.

IMO consoles aren't as fun as pcs unless you're playing with friends (on the same console, not online), and it sounds like you like playing alone if your fav game is Fallout 3. You can get mods to make games better and longer (Morrowind/Oblivion leveling system is shite without proper mods), cheats etc if you get stuck, so you're less confined where as with a console you put the disc in and you're stuck with everything that's there unless they do something stupid like lock features out that you have to pay to play.

Yeah, Mass Effect isn't really too much of an RPG. The plot is linear and the games fighting plays in real time; the only RPG elements I can recall is customization of the playable character and the ability to kill a few of your allies via plot decisions. I love both FPS and RPGs so this style worked great for me.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-23-2009 at 06:41 AM.

7. Games   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I just gave up with games . I don't see the point in downloading them and then applying constant cracks/patches every month.

Alternatively I could purchase the games legally but their either banned, are too expensive or are unavailable.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 04-23-2009 at 10:44 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    Its crazy how expensive media is in other countries and we complain about $60 game prices. I mostly use gamefly now. It can be tough to get newer titles so I wait for a while and sign up again when availability is good.

Played Oblivion. Its certainly one of the more enjoyable games. I guess there is still fun games coming out but I'm looking for games that really last. I tried WoW for a while but its just to involved for me and most of the time I played alone. I would be happy with a sp game like fallout or oblivion that constantly added new content. I'm not talking about just a few small planned expansions but constant updates to the game world. Maybe Diablo 3 will be the best mix for someone not wanting to get into a mmo.

9. Games   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Do you know in my country we're still paying top dollar for PS3 consoles?

They're starting to bundle them now.

Also it's inconvenient for me to just go to a store. It takes 10mins by car to go into the 'real' city and then I have to pay for a toll.

So in the end if I pay $60 for a game it'd be wasted by the time I pay for petrol, toll and the ridiculous tax on top of the petrol/tax I'd rather just get it by other means.

Only thing stopping me downloading games is the fucked up infrastructure we have. They're only know thinking about installing FTTH and boy will that be a disaster.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 04-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.

10. Games   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well Oblivion and Morrowind have countless mods that add to the world, and finishing those games completely would take over 1k hours I would assume. I've spent around 200 hours in total on Morrowind and I am nowhere near finishing that game. Haven't even ventured into the expansion territory yet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast