Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very newbie questions........

Poster
    Hi
    Im very new here and interested to buy Usenet service subscriptions(Giganews) but i have few questions ( I read in this forum but i need to be littlebit more clear as a newbie) if someone can help me

1.How i gonna sure about fake files?Example if i download Lost serials thr 2 or 3 files but one of them fake how do i know that ...from that 3 one is fake ?
    2.I heard and read you can find often after download corrupt file.So how can i repair them ??is grabit or Parrepair do that job?? and if not repairable then i have to download whole file again from beginning??
    3.After download if you find few files are missing how you can find those missing files?
    4.Lastly I need only Grabit program and one nzb search site and i have to signup Giganews nothing else am i right??
    but my question is how to configure ..i mean i have to login all the time giganews when im downloading??
    Where i gonna configure Servers locations,SSL encryptions and other things??

I know this all maybe very newbie questions or maybe stupid questions but i need to know before i start using it

So if someone can help me out it would be great help ......

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    1.How i gonna sure about fake files?Example if i download Lost serials thr 2 or 3 files but one of them fake how do i know that ...from that 3 one is fake ?
    Use NZB's from a reputable site like this one. Read the comments.

2.I heard and read you can find often after download corrupt file.So how can i repair them ??is grabit or Parrepair do that job?? and if not repairable then i have to download whole file again from beginning??
    Yes anything worth getting will come with 10% .par2 files used for repairing. Been a while since I've ran into shit.. Usually get the scene releases and they're good to go. par2repair hooks it up in Linux.. Google what windows offers.. And I would think that a pile of the nzb clients will take care of all that for you.. I know sabNZBd does for me..

3.After download if you find few files are missing how you can find those missing files?
    Look at the headers and grab the parts you need.. Sometimes you'll see [extra] par2 files added as well.. It will be very beneficial for you to learn how to get the headers and how to read through them..

4.Lastly I need only Grabit program and one nzb search site and i have to signup Giganews nothing else am i right??
    but my question is how to configure ..i mean i have to login all the time giganews when im downloading??
    Where i gonna configure Servers locations,SSL encryptions and other things??
    Where you enter your login/server information will differ with each client.. I suppose someone who uses grabit will be in shortly to help you out better there.. As for Giganews... Have a look at Astraweb before you drop the c-card down.. They have a really good deal going at the moment I find very hard to pass up.. So with what you've mentioned that will be all you need to 'get going' but you'll find lots of usefull resources to add to your toolbox..

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    In case your client of choice doesn't verify and repair files, QuickPar is pretty good for that on Windows. As 222MHz said most clients will do this for you.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster
    Okey ...but
    "Look at the headers and grab the parts you need.. Sometimes you'll see [extra] par2 files added as well.. It will be very beneficial for you to learn how to get the headers and how to read through them.."

where i gonna find this header ??where i search for NZB files ex.NZBMatrix thr or in Giganews?? Because i just try to check in NZBMatrix like this kind of file (Extra) but thr is nothing like this....

and i just checked Astraweb they have one option $11 Month unlimited DSL and another one 3 month 39 Unlimited .If i buy for one month and alter if i dont want want i can disable re-billing easily?? Coz in this kind of Srvice its very difficult to get support....
    Last edited by CBen; 04-22-2009 at 02:46 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    where i gonna find this header ??where i search for NZB files ex.NZBMatrix thr or in Giganews?? Because i just try to check in NZBMatrix like this kind of file (Extra) but thr is nothing like this....
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-n00...77/postcount27

Those are what headers look like.. Once you get going it will all come together pretty quickly.

and i just checked Astraweb they have one option $11 Month unlimited DSL and another one 3 month 39 Unlimited .If i buy for one month and alter if i dont want want i can disable re-billing easily?? Coz in this kind of Srvice its very difficult to get support....
    Yes you can quit.. They have excellent customer service.. I get replies from them usually within the hour.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    Okey thanks a lot for helping me

But still im confused about one thing littlebit
    lets ex. if i Signup Astraweb and start downloading one film and maybe NZB file i got from NZBmatrix ..when this film downloading finish how i gonna know if some file is missing?? Or after download when i gonna unpack them that time will show some files are missing ..

Okey now i have to find the header of the missing files ...so my question is where i gonna find this files header?? NZBMatrix or Astraweb??
    or from Grabit i can find this automatically?? i need to search that file right??where i have to search this header file??

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    If you're grabbing nzbs from reputable indexing sites, there will almost never be a completely missing file. If there are some missing blocks and the file won't unpack, you can use par2 files to repair them. These are usually included in the nzbs as well and if you use altbinz or other clients, you can have par2 files repair the rars then unpack them automatically.

If you in fact did have some missing files, then you could copy the name of the rar file and search it on binsearch to just download that rar, then compile and unpack.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    A lot of this sounds more complex (or, should I say, reading/writing it), than it is. The two biggie's that make life really MUCH better than it was in years past is (of course) the nzb's (developed by Newzbin.com) and par2 files.

Way back when the original par files worked, virtually most of the time, but par2's really improved upon them to the extent that basically the earth will swing into the sun before a par2 set will fail. Doesn't mean that the original poster can't ding things up, but, you get the gist.

The 'old folks' like myself do still download headers in addition to all the nzb's from sites like this and others. I find good stuff all the time that isn't listed on any of them.

It'll come together as you gain experience. Soon you'll be able to do it all in your sleep. I know I have. LOTS.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    + 1 for each post above..

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Poster
    Hi
    I just dont wanna open new thread thats why im using my old one..
    Today i dowloaded for test one old file Wolverine.And.The.X-Men.S01E02.Hindsight.Part.2.DSR.XviD-CHIPPER and that was 239.2 days old but problem is when im downloading with Newsleecher 3.9 it not extract (Missing blocks)and thr is Par2 files so i clicked one of them and it opened Quickpar but still says blocks needed.Later i tried with same file with Altbinz and everything works perfectly(I mean extracted and repair)
    so what im doing wrong(Setup) with NL that creates this problem??I followed guide from http://www.binaries4all.com
    but NL download and Repair extract new files without problem...
    Last edited by CBen; 05-11-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast