Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stop the madness!

Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    get closed down / get muscled offline / voluntarily pussy out
    There's a big difference between standing up to unfairness and willfully putting yourself in the position to go to pound me in the ass prison. Don't stand on the tracks and call for the train.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    saving a tracker for people who get invited to their site and then try for the next tracker because they heard that tracker also had great community ...the balls
    Ever considered the fact that not all sites might actually want 100,000 users?

It's not about "saving" anything for anyone, it's about trying to keep the size of the userbase under control.

The mentality of filesharingtalk users and their site levelling systems doesn't really come into the site plan for most trackers to be honest.
    '

Im sorry, but a torrent site is all abut sharing. "dont want 100.000 users"? So fucking what? Who cares what you want, share and share alike right? So lets limit the people who can share? Stupid.

This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

Exclusivity is the devil and everyone should know that.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    it keeps getting worse every day

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    100.000 is better than 5.000 any day
    exactly

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members
    Each and every "elite" tracker has this mentality. Somehow, limiting your userbase to a very small, "select" group of people (which, in large part, are members on all of them) makes you super special. It's complete fucking nonsense and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest, but that's their choice, I suppose. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to end up being just another tracker, but with "an awesome community." The quoted part of that sentence makes me want to wretch, by the way.
    Last edited by Paracetamol; 04-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post
    trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members
    Each and every "elite" tracker has this mentality. Somehow, limiting your userbase to a very small, "select" group of people (which, in large part, are members on all of them) makes you super special. It's complete fucking nonsense and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest, but that's their choice, I suppose. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to end up being just another tracker, but with "an awesome community." The quoted part of that sentence makes me want to wretch, by the way.
    These are the places that ruin bitorrent IMO

EDIT: to clarify, even though some of these trackers are desirable, this does not necessarily mean that its a good thing. Yes, a tracker that serves lossless music is desirelable to me, but does not need to be be so "community based" or "exclusive", thats just anti-sharing. Please dont give me this 'security' shit. If I were an agent of a organization who wanted to do harm, I could get any tracker just about and get all the info I needed.
    Last edited by puckface; 04-23-2009 at 07:53 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post

These are the places that ruin bitorrent IMO
    If someone wants to start a torrent site and limit the number of members to 5000 why is it wrong for them to do this and how on earth are they somehow ruining bitorrent?
    Nobody has the 'right' to join any private torrent site no matter how big or small the membership base.
    As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    this thread has moar then 1k views only cause the op is da owner of ukt?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptanAmerica View Post
    this thread has moar then 1k views only cause the op is da owner of ukt?
    who cares? i didnt know and definitely dont care who actually posted this thread. It is weird of you to assume that really.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 04-23-2009 at 12:30 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

Exclusivity is the devil and everyone should know that.
    what is it with people like this that desperately hold on to this lvl/elitist mentality?? elitism has nothing to do with it.. if a tracker wants to remain small they are called elitist.. and if a tracker want's to grow people start crying about lvls ??? you guys need to make up your minds on what you want because you can't have it both ways..

and you say TRACKERS HAVE ISSUES!!??....
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast