In this thread, I attempt to convert you to usenet users.
With all the trouble happening in the bt world, now is the time to jump on a secure and easy way to get your files.
Here are some brief benefits to usenet:
1) Privacy and security. Your IP is not publicly/privately available.
2) Download files up to your retention at full speed, without worrying about seeders or anything.
3) No ratios! Download all you want with an unlimited package.
4) If you want to share, you can upload releases to usenet, upload nzbs to various sites (including FST) or you can spot posts on various forums.
5) Reposts of files are very common, so you can catch up on releases you missed years ago.
To address the biggest con, cost, I will make a few brief points:
1) Many of you folks spend more money on seedboxes.
2) If you really want to share things freely, you can still share, in fact, you'd be sharing with millions of people rather than just a few hundred or thousand on a torrent site.
3) Most of these users are paying the nominal fees too, but it's like paying a small subscription to a massive community.
So, why not switch to Usenet?
Edit in response to first reply:
I must acknowledge that some of you just cannot afford $11/month or may not be able to pay using a credit card or from your country. (Astraweb is the cheapest unlimited provider so I used their current rates.) I'm not directing this at you, but at those who could go with usenet, but choose torrents.