Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scene Music Tracker like SoftMP3 needs to be emerged

SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Biggest blow in the recent shutdowns IMHO has been the shutdown of SoftMP3 which was Possibly the best Scene MP3 Tracker with excellent content and pretty good pre-times as well .

Even tho What and Waffles are there to cover almost everything , there is a void in the Scene MP3 Tracker department now .

STMusic had the chance to step up to become the no.1 MP3 Tracker which it did not really grab the chance during the Oink Shutdown . the shutdowns has again indirectly given them a seond chance to renovate themselves and lift themselves again , but i really doubt they will be able to do it . FileMP3 retention is pretty poor and contents are pretty less .

Music Torrent sites What and Waffles are similar to RevTT and IPtorrents in a way that all 4 have a huge database of scene and non-scene contents . but now , what the torrent scene lacks is a pure Scene MP3 site like SoftMP3 . An uncluttered , No-Nonsense Pure Scene MP3 Tracker .

of course i do understand that this may not be the best time to open a torrent site due to the legal hassles , but when Oink when down What and Waffles emerged .

Lets hope a Solid Pure Scene Mp3 Tracker emerges in the recent future to cover the void left by the fantastic SoftMP3 Tracker .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I agree. A (temporary?) workaround are some of the better 0-day trackers, which usually have a very good and complete scene mp3 section.

STMusic seems to be more down than not unfortunately. A pity really.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah, I complete agree. Actually, softmp3 wasn't the only blow. Let's not forget about mp3nerds, which was very similar as an all scene tracker.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    just use the mp3 section at scc.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    There are plenty of sources for 0day mp3's.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sure, but are there many quality bittorrent trackers dedicated to scene mp3s? If yes, I'd like to hear a few names, other than the ones mentioned already, of course.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Vipmusic is here to fill your void. Post here or message me for an invite. Please provide and email and proof you are an active member on another site.

-VIP Staff

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    just use the mp3 section at scc.

The retention at SCC does not compare at ALL to softmp3.

Quote Originally Posted by mewithoutyou View Post
    Vipmusic is here to fill your void. Post here or message me for an invite. Please provide and email and proof you are an active member on another site.

-VIP Staff
    I doubt VIPMusic will ever be able to match softmp3's 1/3 download count and still have 25k+ torrents. They sell upload FFS, but I can't think of any decent alternatives... I'm gonna miss softmp3 and it's awesome community.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-23-2009 at 03:00 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Sure, but are there many quality bittorrent trackers dedicated to scene mp3s? If yes, I'd like to hear a few names, other than the ones mentioned already, of course.
    The only thing I can think of that comes close would be something like warez-bb, but that is rapidshare.
    Last edited by Hiccup; 04-23-2009 at 03:08 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    The only thing I can think of that comes close would be something like warez-bb, but that is rapidshare.
    Thanks for bringing that up. I had actually forgotten that as an option, and I think I might go back to using that on occasion. \

Everyone should keep in mind that Soulseek is a great alternative to torrenting for music. I'd still prefer to get 0day music from a reputable tracker because of possible initial dupes and transcodes but for older releases (which is what made softmp3 so awesome) slsk gets the job done well.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast