Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Release Candidate Leaked Online

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

In what has become a regular occurrence, another version of Windows 7 has leaked to file-sharing sites. The latest version is reportedly Win 7 Release Candidate built 7100, which is slated for an official Microsoft launch in early May.

Some bloggers who've had a chance to examine the alleged bootleg of RC 7100 are convinced it's the real deal. Long Zheng of the istartedsomething blog believes the latest Win 7 code, accessible via your favorite "content hub" (P2P site), is real if unspectacular:

"The highly anticipated release candidate (RC) build of Windows 7 has been leaked and its authenticity is entirely undisputed. First looks reveal nothing significantly new or different, but if you've been wanting to get a vibe of how far Windows 7 has come since the public beta, especially performance, this is the build to get."

Lee Mathews of Download Squad has a similar take: RC 7100 is real, but not that thrilling: "Visually not much has changed, so don't expect to see anything Earth-shattering."

And Windows 7 News is displaying 50 screenshots of the alleged RC 7100. The site asked readers to comment if they've "spotted anything out of the ordinary like new features or changes." But thus far all indications are that RC 7100 doesn't bring dramatic changes, such as a rumored new interface.

If anything, it appears that RC 7100 is very close to the finished product. Microsoft hasn't announced a release date for Windows 7, although industry watchers expect it to ship later this year. Win 7's most prominent improvement will be a less-intrusive User Account Control, or UAC, a security feature designed to prevent rogue code from hijacking a PC. Microsoft recently that stated that Windows 7 users will see nearly a third fewer UAC prompts than Windows Vista users.

Source: PC World
    Homepage: Welcome To Windows 7
    Download Link: Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 x64
    Download Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 x86
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-25-2009 at 02:36 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Microsoft recently that stated that Windows 7 users will see nearly a third fewer UAC prompts than Windows Vista users.
    Nearly a third?

That was the #1 complaint about Vista and the the biggest target for Apple and its users. I would have thought that issue would have been handled better than just reducing the amount of errors by a small margin.
    Last edited by Skizo; 04-25-2009 at 02:41 AM.

yo

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    At the initial showing, they stated people in the audience, stated that "UAC" was changed to "Annoying"
    [center]

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Windows 7 RC-7100 AIO (x86 + x64) ISO -- TW7S [FreeLeech]

Guess where?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    An "unspectacular" release from Microsoft. No, really...?

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Did you have to do a fresh install? I heard that you could not upgrade from the beta.

yo

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yep just D/L now freeleech too got to love it . Why the AIO tho ? 64 bit should become a little more popular now .

This RC has XP Compatibility Mode too from the sounds of it .

Link : http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10227533-56.html
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-25-2009 at 04:52 AM.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    I just tried the upgrade, installed, and then after re-boot (final) it BSOD'd me 3x, so I went to advanced and selected repair and said it was in incompatible so I guess not, or summen's wrong with my compy.

BTW, WTF does free leech got to do with it, why do you need both versions anyway, I guess AIO would be good for all "7" editions this OS will have.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-25-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    [center]

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Freeleech on IPT is you can" hit and run " or leave to keep your ratio up . It should be in the top 10 later tomorrow so it helps your ratio if you need it .

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post

BTW, WTF does free leech got to do with it, why do you need both versions anyway, I guess AIO would be good for all "7" editions this OS will have.
    AIO as in 32bit/b4bit

O and another release which is alse Free Leech, Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 x64 DVD-iND

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast