Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcafee Virusscan 8

Hey,
    I was just wondering if any1 had tried the Mcafee VirusScan version 8 off sharereactor.com, I have 6 at the moment which is a bit old now and was wondering if this would be any better

Thanks

James
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    evolution not revolution
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@22 September 2003 - 23:50
    evolution not revolution
    quit

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+23 September 2003 - 07:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 23 September 2003 - 07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@22 September 2003 - 23:50
    evolution not revolution
    quit [/b][/quote]
    ?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+22 September 2003 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 22 September 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@23 September 2003 - 07:54
    <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob
    @22 September 2003 - 23:50
    evolution not revolution

quit
    ?

[/b][/quote]
    What

J/K i dont know, just messing around.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@23 September 2003 - 08:01
    J/K i dont know, just messing around.
    pffft&#33;

here was i trying to sound clever and witty with my advice and you barge in and hijack my thread

by mine, i don&#39;t necessarily mean mine, by the way...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i didnt mean to hyjack it i do that alot.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    what the hell are you talking about, i ask a valid question and u talk about crap, if nobody cant give me advice then forget it
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by mills96@23 September 2003 - 10:56
    what the hell are you talking about, i ask a valid question and u talk about crap, if nobody cant give me advice then forget it
    Just ignore them, maybe they thought they were in the lounge or something.
    As for Mcafee, I did not like 6 so I never tried any of the other versions.
    Symantec corp; Nod32; and panda let me down a few times (dont ask why, it just did) so I went back to Nortons 2003 Pro.

My suggestion is to download and install, if you like it keep it, if not then uninstall.
    Trying software to see if it is best for your personal needs is always best. I would also recommend a good registry cleaner to remove all the entries left over from uninstalling all the apps that you try.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by skelley521+23 September 2003 - 17:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skelley521 @ 23 September 2003 - 17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mills96@23 September 2003 - 10:56
    Just ignore them, maybe they thought they were in the lounge or something.
    As for Mcafee, I did not like 6 so I never tried any of the other versions.
    Symantec corp; Nod32; and panda let me down a few times (dont ask why, it just did) so I went back to Nortons 2003 Pro.

My suggestion is to download and install, if you like it keep it, if not then uninstall.
    Trying software to see if it is best for your personal needs is always best. I would also recommend a good registry cleaner to remove all the entries left over from uninstalling all the apps that you try.

Hope this helps,
    Steve [/b][/quote]
    Thank you very much for your help, I will wait to see if people find a way to get round the Liveupdate problem in Norton 2004 Pro (Had this before, but because of this problem got closed down)

Thanks

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast