Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Y TL is Better Than SC[X] & More....

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Idoleyes point is actually why I've never chosen to register at TL before. There are good alternatives that are equivalent to TL in terms of content (ScT, RevTT, and dedicated trackers) which made TL completely unnecessary.

Some of the newer torrenters might be used to the idea that TL is a closed tracker and not easy for just anybody to get into, but go back a year or two and it was just as easy to register there as it was for demonoid. If new laws come in place I would put my money on this site being one of the first to get targeted.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-29-2009 at 10:43 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by NA_Magus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

You failed to mention another first; that of the all the big Oday trackers TL is probably first one the authorities want to/will shut down.
    That's completely based on conjecture.
    Pretty much my whole life is.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    To me, TL is getting too large. No doubt its easier to seed, but it also cuts down on a private sites main goal of keeping a low profile.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Some of the newer torrenters might be used to the idea that TL is a closed tracker and not easy for just anybody to get into, but go back a year or two and it was just as easy to register there as it was for demonoid. If new laws come in place I would put my money on this site being one of the first to get targeted.
    That's no argument against TL though, because 3-4 years ago, it was piss easy to register on almost any torrent tracker. Times have changed, can't hold it against TL just because the site has been around longer than most of the others. And thankfully, it's still going strong.

As far as 'being first to be targeted' is concerned, I'm pretty sure that any tracker that relies heavily on donations / 'paid accounts' risks to be targeted sooner than others. Sure, big sites will always be on the 'hitlist' of authorities and content lobby groups, but TL clearly isn't the only big one.

TL is a great site, the content is great and very complete, speeds are excellent, seeding is easy. It's a 'balanced' site so to say, would not want to miss it. Probably the last site I'd want to miss.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by bassam319 View Post
    1) content :

TL now has over 20000 without XXX where Sct has about 23000 with XXX

So it comes too close to hit it and it well .
    TPB has <toomanytolist> number of torrents...

2) TL has over 100000 member so files are rarely dead due to the activity of their members rather than GFT where u cant find a 2 month ago episode or a movie -->2500 users and free ratio
    Files never die on TPB...

3)The ability of seeding .. Because of the massive number of users , members can seed and raise their ratio for a long time + speed where sct & scc r usually if not always impossible by leeching the scene releases .. (*people should get a box and leech the free packs for weeks to survive even if they dont need it or maybe stay wake up to be the 1st downloader....)
    TPB is ratio free...

4) TL is expanding their uploads out of scene area by uploading privates like [Eureka-ESiR] and a lot of unscenes to cover all the categorize and make it as a second store for the bad speed sites with rare content .
    TPB already has...

5) About the Pretime ... maybe TL is late about 5-10 minutes in their releases .. but u wont gonna die for that and eps wont end in that 5 minute .. maybe subs be released in time loooool
    prethyme on TPB is good too...

seriously, comparing trackers is stupid. Every tracker is unique on it's own...they all have cons and pros. Some will like one tracker b/c of it's pros and others won't like it b/c of it's cons. You might like private trackers b/c of speed....meanwhile, there are others who dislike private trackers b/c of low # of files, ratio, and rules. Point is what tracker is better than what is not universal...it all depends upto an individual.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    TPB is also virus infected but you make a great point...arguing about which tracker is best is pointless...because each has its own strengths that might be suited better for you then it is for some one else...if all you care about is downloading content and could care less about the community or contributing to the site then yeah TL might be best for you...
    basically all trackers get the same stuff...

hell if IPtorrents was a level6 tracker people would be in here arguing about how it is the best...
    Last edited by tippertime; 04-29-2009 at 11:50 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I said it once and I said again. The really good trackers are those with unique content. All other trackers have the same stuff. One could vanish today but you can just get your stuff from another one.

Oh but wait tracker a got something 30 seconds before tracker b. Oh shit I guess tracker a is better lol.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    If you just base your choice on sheer number of torrents (as well as retention), then TL is one of the best private trackers out there.

That being said, I rarely use tl or sct for the reason that Idoleyes gave. I feel safer using smaller more exclusive sites.
    Last edited by That1Guy; 04-30-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I feel safest when I turn off the internet. You should try it, too.

http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I did like ten minutes ago .I have no idea why I'm still here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast