Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most overrated PC game (and why??)

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    What game do you think was most overrated by critics and reviewers? Something you assumed and expected to be awesome but just did not carry out with it?

I made this thread cause I've just tried out the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, a generally well reviewed game. It got an 8.5 from gamespot, and a 8.2 metascore. I can't stand that game, even after about 6 hours of trying to force myself to enjoy it. The storyline and atmosphere are awesome, but its a first-person shooter, and bottom-line is, the shooting mechanism sucks ass. Shooting is absolutely no fun. The pistol is pretty much useless, the night-vision doesn't help see enemies to the point where it's easier to be guided it pitch black by the crosshair colour changing colour on enemies. Wish the game's shooting worked like a rainbow six game. Nothing is more frustrating than when controlled bursts miss 90% of the time, but spraying your round long-distance somehow gets kills..

Don't know if I'll be able to finish this game..
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-30-2009 at 07:45 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I would say Crysis. It was such a disappointment. The linearity of the game was what I most disliked about it.

It's not a bad game, but it certainly does not deliver after reading all those amazing reviews everywhere.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 04-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

3. Games   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Crysis as well, not because of the insane PC power used to run, well I waited 2 years to play it, downloaded it on my nice new computer and played for a grand total of 4 hours, boy that game sucked.
    [center]

4. Games   -   #4
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quake 3 has been the worst disappointment for me when i used to play.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. Games   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I liked Quake 4, for some odd reason I enjoyed the gun play.
    [center]

6. Games   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    UT and Q3 were my type of games. I played Q3 for 1 whole year just about every day lol. I stopped playing it probably in 2003. Quake 3 1 on 1 deathmatch was and is probably still the best way to test your skills in Quake. After playing Quake 3 I just can't play FPS games on any console. The control just plain sucks on any console for FPS.

I never played Quake 4. It just did not seem that great.

7. Games   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Counter Strike. I honestly don't know why people rant and rave about this shitty repetitive death match game.

I bought Deus Ex: Island of Liberty and found playing online very similar to this. Also there is an open source game called "AssaultCube" which is like a clone but runs on minimal hardware and is even dialup friendly.

8. Games   -   #8
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    That's easy: all the NFS games after the one with Porsches.

Just pathetic excuses for racing games. I played the first underground the most and allthough it was good it wasn't nearly as good as the reviews said (except for the graphics).
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. Games   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    the NHL franchise, since NHL 2006.
    There are literally no additions to this franchise since 2006, besides updated roasters.

EA sucks ass.

10. Games   -   #10
    Far Cry - great example of what is wrong with the gaming industry..lots of eye candy but poor gaming..bad AI..generic enemies..generic plot..poor multiplayer..did not deserve a sequel..i loved the game for a few days on graphics alone...playing it a while made me put it away to collect dust

Final Fantasy (all of them - seriously..just end it! I hate these games and everything about them.

The Sims (any version) - wtf? get lives people..i never seen the appeal

World of Warcraft - the game made by God himself lmao..stupid game

Spore - wtf? all hype

Counter Strike - It is very overrated and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast