Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nzb Indexing Pre Times??

I've been using usenet for a short while now, and until recently, was under the false impression that usenet pre times were faster than torrent trackers. But it seems that private 0-day torrent trackers such as SCC, SCT, etc... are actually much faster. What's your favorite nzb-indexing site, and which one has faster pre times than the rest?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    We already settled this in another thread...

MythBusters S07E04 YouTube Special HDTV XviD FQM

Added To Usenet - 04/30/2009 9:49:24 AM GMT
    Added To NZBMatrix - 04/30/2009 1:23:22 PM GMT
    Added to Your Favorite Tracker - ?????

'Added to Usenet' refers to 'reading the headers'.
    Last edited by Wwwildthing; 04-30-2009 at 10:49 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Prog View Post
    I've been using usenet for a short while now, and until recently, was under the false impression that usenet pre times were faster than torrent trackers. But it seems that private 0-day torrent trackers such as SCC, SCT, etc... are actually much faster. What's your favorite nzb-indexing site, and which one has faster pre times than the rest?
    Yawn
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you really want to find the pre times. Look at the header date and time. This is easy accomplished with easynews without having to download headers. Keep in mind that headers may show up faster on one server though, for example on the server that was used for the upload. I don't see why you would want to though. There are many things that get uplaoded to usenet really fast though. I remember that I used to grab music and apps from usenet and use them to seed on Waffles or What.cd
    Last edited by saulin; 04-30-2009 at 11:14 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Prog View Post
    Some things have really fast pre times.
    For example new Simpsons episodes that air on sunday nights are uploaded just a few minutes after finishing. They usually show up on supersearch (newsleecher) about 10 mins after it finishes airing, and around 15-20 on binsearch.
    There's similar times on torrent trackers too BUT the difference is that on usenet it's already fully uploaded while on torrent trackers it's only the torrent file that has been uploaded, the file still needs to seed.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwwildthing View Post
    We already settled this in another thread...

MythBusters S07E04 YouTube Special HDTV XviD FQM

Added To Usenet - 04/30/2009 9:49:24 AM GMT
    Added To NZBMatrix - 04/30/2009 1:23:22 PM GMT
    Added to Your Favorite Tracker - ?????

'Added to Usenet' refers to 'reading the headers'.
    This one actually was added quicker:

Mythbusters S07E04 YouTube Special 720p HDTV x264-DHD

And yeah, SS shows almost all TV/Movies to be very very quick...Lost came out less than 20 minutes after showing, and most shows I grab/add come out less than 10 minutes after airing, one logical conclusion is, that the "release groups" (some) just up there content to usenet and then let it propagate out to those torrent trackers/ed2k/etc.....
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I use SABnzbd+, so usually I have to wait for tv shows and such to upload to binsearch.info. That SuperSearch feature of NewsLeecher sounds pretty cool, though.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    They don't upload, there just indexed. It is only a few extra minutes compred to the search engines.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-01-2009 at 04:21 AM.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    I'm fairly new to Usenet so forgive me if this question seems foolish but from what I can gather in this thread "pre time" is the delay between when content is released to when it is available on usenet?

Is this correct?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroc View Post
    I'm fairly new to Usenet so forgive me if this question seems foolish but from what I can gather in this thread "pre time" is the delay between when content is released to when it is available on usenet?

Is this correct?
    Sort of.
    From my understanding Pre time means the time between when the release group releases content until the time it is available.

It applies to all file sharing though, not just Usenet.

You can have a read here to learn some more of the words used in filesharing: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...tionary-311830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast