Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I increase my memory (short term i think)?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Well when I was in high school and in the first year out of high school I had a really good memory.
    I'm only 21 now but I can tell my memory is getting worse.
    I guess it's because i don't do as much thinking now that i'm out of high school.
    I'm starting to get really forgetful with things at work.
    For example at work I will have question to ask site supervisor or my own boss when I see them, but when they show up my mind is blank and I forget to ask them, usually remembering after they've left.
    Obviously I can just write these things down but then I forget to look at my notepad.

What can I do?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Get reverse tattoos on your face. Look in the mirror and voila!!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Smoke some weed and forget all your worries.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Well when I was in high school and in the first year out of high school I had a really good memory.
    I guess it's because i don't do as much thinking now that i'm out of high school.
    For example at work I will have question to ask site supervisor or my own boss when I see them, but when they show up my mind is blank and I forget to ask them, usually remembering after they've left.
    Obviously I can just write these things down but then I forget to look at my notepad.

What can I do?
    Go and speak to a Doctor, this should not be happening to you at your age.

A decent nights sleep may also help.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    You may be pregnant.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

What can I do?
    You can train yourself to be good at remembering things.

Look on the web for techniques such as memory hooks, or turn things to remember into a story, or arrange things in your mind like they're in the rooms of your house, or a journey in the car, that sort of thing.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I was watching the Mentalist last night and they mentioned something that may be of help.

It's something called a memory palace. It means you imagine in your mind a place that is very familiar to you, and you assign certain meanings to the objects that occur in it.

Does that make sense?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've been like that my whole life. True story.

I can't remember a fucking thing unless I write it down. I can be at work and think of something I really need to do, hustle off to a neighboring office or to speak with someone or get something, but when I get there I can't remember what I needed to do.

I live by the "to do" list. I always have to do lists in my pocket. If I think of something I need to do or if an employee asks me something that I know I need to research, I have to write it down or there is zero chance I'll remember it later.

Try it and see if it helps. Sometimes just the act of writing it down can help.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    It's something called a memory palace. It means you imagine in your mind a place that is very familiar to you, and you assign certain meanings to the objects that occur in it.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, that's the sort of thing.

Also I've noticed that if you ask someone to remind you to do something, even if they don't remind you (they forget, lol), when you see that person again you will automatically remember what you asked them to remind you of.

That might help. Maybe.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Doctor I'm afraid it's bad news Tesco, you have alzheimers

Tesco That's a relief I thought it was alzheimers
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast