Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Sucks!

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    @puk And your point is?

2. Lounge   -   #62
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by Busyman@24 September 2003 - 00:02
    By the way does anyone from America (old enough) remember LT tackling Joe Theisman and breaking his leg. That shit bent backwards
    if your looking for injuries u try looking for information on henrik larson breaking his leg *shudders* that was just sick

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Hellie@24 September 2003 - 12:45
    I believe we are the greatest country to live in (of course with many flaws). (not to get all nationalistic)
    F**k off nationalist always the same with you usa people. Certainly not the greatest but the most aggrassive country (bit of topic now so i put mu favorite teamflag )

Hey Bellie is it wrong to say that 'I' think this is the greatest country to live in. Shut up and read dillweed. I didn't say that YOU should think so.

By the way gayblade69puk I never said we INVENTED football. READ READ.
    And soccer and baseball still suck. I don't care whose 'national' sport it is.
    Soccer may be fast paced but hell score more points then. Otherwise you are running back and forth with nary a point.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #64
    RE: Salaries

It's showbusiness. The game makes so much cash from TV deals and turnstyles that the money's there so why not go to the people who draw the crowds/viewers.

Compare it to movies - they make a lot of money based on the leading stars so they invest money to sign them up. It's the same for football - you invest the money on good players then you get more TV money and gate reciepts when you go up a division / enter the champions league / gain more fans (Dosn't always work e.g. Leeds).

It seems that as a business the logical flow of the money should be towards the assets - the players. If they didn't get it the chairmen would just reap it all in (we wouldn't get reduced ticket pricing or TV subscriptions as there is a demand to watch it - thankyou Euro '96).

It just happens to be an occupation where talent pays very well.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    there is nothing wrong with football. a great game of skill and technique. anyone could play stupid cricket, bowl bowls and play basketball. But like all sports too much money is paid to players. As far as i go if they are 10 to 40k a week, and they not play that week, why the hell pay them. they would not miss one weeks wages. some don't even merit their wages. Money ruins every game and no player is worth 40k plus a week. no matter how good they are. they could pay me 1k a week and i would play no problem

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Indeed there are tons of bums in the NBA making millions a year.
    But when you look at soccer, the one thing good about it is that just about anyone can play it. Who can't kick a ball or run. Granted there those that are more skillful than others (off the elbow,off the knee,off the head) but the basics of the game are easy to pick up on.
    Now basketball is a whole other apple. Most of the folk that don't like can't play it.
    From the start without any instruction I could run and kick a ball in soccer.
    But with basketball, one can't just pick up dribbling or shooting a ball into a hole not that much bigger than the ball itself. This is why basketball is amazing. When a player like Allen Iverson comes down court with a man guarding him closely and he pulls up and shoots a jumper behind the 3 point line and it swishes (nothing but net), there's is nothing for soccer to offer.
    Not only that, in basketball, that same 'amazingness' happens over and over.
    You see these amazing moves and dunks and it's like entertainment overload.
    In the FIBA competition Iverson scored 7 3-pointers in one quarter including a buzzer beater!! (alot of players can't score 20 points in a whole game)
    What can soccer show me.
    I'd love to see a contempory consistant Pele-like player with a good team just demolishing the other team but the way the game is structured it probably won't happen for awhile. Winning 1 to 0 or even 3 to 2 is not enough for me.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #67
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep agree soccer sux boring as hell

basketball sux even more get a ball chuck in in the hoop get paud 451 million thats the way what a life!!

8. Lounge   -   #68
    What sports DO you like Adster?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #69
    all i say is name a sport without a ball or balls in it. look at what got a ball in it.
    football(soccer), tennis, american football, rugby, hockey, baseball,basketball, cricket and bowls. My favourites are football, then american football.
    a few that not involve a ball.
    athletics, badminton, archery, skiing, ice hockey. Must admit the latter is kind of cool at times to watch.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@26 September 2003 - 02:58
    all i say is name a sport without a ball or balls in it
    most motorsport doesn't involve balls
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast