Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Sucks!

Originally posted by Busyman@24 September 2003 - 00:02

By the way does anyone from America (old enough) remember LT tackling Joe Theisman and breaking his leg. That shit bent backwards
    I know I'm a bit late with this (been at work) but here goes:

I can remember Joe T getting his leg busted backwards - showing my age but that sort of injury is fairly commonplace in Association Football. Jamie Carragher of Liverpool had his leg broken last week in a tackle!! I used to live opposite a Football pitch where they play Sunday League matches ( Amateur Football ) and I've been woken up by the "CRACK" of a leg breaking!!!

All this "Basketball and Gridiron are the best" is just total shit - FOOTBALL rules over all other sports. What other sports incite as much passion (and violence)?? Answer: NONE. American sports fans couldn't even begin to recreate the atmosphere of a Derby match - and that's a fact.
    Signature removed

2. Lounge   -   #82
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Busyman@23 September 2003 - 12:46
    Watch a whole game of soccer and the ending score might be 0 to 1.
    What a shit game.
    What highlights are there?
    Hey look as he scores this one goal and uhhhh....sorry folks no more highlights.
    Shrink the field or something. Put some points up. Speed the game up. Do something because I try to like all sports but DAMN.
    no class what so ever, soccer is not for you sir but it does not mean it sucks as it is one of the oldest sports around and if you got out once in while you would know that it is one of the biggest sports on the planet, do the words world cup soccer mean anything to ya???

3. Lounge   -   #83
    my team Sheffield United played Cardiff City last saturday & the score was 0-0 at half time the match finished 5-3 to Sheffield United now that's entertainment & value for money.Busyman granted you did not say that you invented Football but you did say you invented your own games,american football derives from Rugby & baseball, Rounders.that was my point.no offence intended on your national sport.I guess wearing protective gear does have it's safety points,as several of our footy players have had some horrendous injuries over the years.it's a shame that boxers do not have to wear head gear all the time,as the brain injuries to these guy's have become apparent with Frank Bruno being sectioned for depression & other mental disorders.Look at Ali man he was my hero & the illness he now has is terrible if indeed it has been caused by blows to the head.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Poster
    Are we talking football here??

Soccer sucks as yanks invented the name.

Football,the beautiful game.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    yeah I agree mate & Chelsea seem to have a few quid now & all the other Prem teams are shaking in there Banks lol.good luck & I hope you have a good season SUFC supporter

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Poster
    Originally posted by blade1356uk@26 September 2003 - 10:10
    yeah I agree mate & Chelsea seem to have a few quid now & all the other Prem teams are shaking in there Banks lol.good luck & I hope you have a good season SUFC supporter
    Thanks mate.As long as we are above Man Utd at the end of the season i will be a happy man.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    no worry's talent over brawn anyday,good pic of Brown hope he has a good season like last.how do you put pics on like the brown pic,thick Yorkshireman lol

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Poster
    You need to have a picture stored or find one on a site you like.Then hit the IMG button when you post and put the url in.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    cheers mate

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by blade1356uk@26 September 2003 - 09:59
    my team Sheffield United played Cardiff City last saturday & the score was 0-0 at half time the match finished 5-3 to Sheffield United now that's entertainment & value for money.Busyman granted you did not say that you invented Football but you did say you invented your own games,american football derives from Rugby & baseball, Rounders.that was my point.no offence intended on your national sport.I guess wearing protective gear does have it's safety points,as several of our footy players have had some horrendous injuries over the years.it's a shame that boxers do not have to wear head gear all the time,as the brain injuries to these guy's have become apparent with Frank Bruno being sectioned for depression & other mental disorders.Look at Ali man he was my hero & the illness he now has is terrible if indeed it has been caused by blows to the head.
    No problem blade.
    I didn't say we invented our own sports. I know we invented basketball (my favorite) and I did think we invented baseball (which you say comes from rounders(I didn't know that)). I don't just dislike soccer, which is international, I dislike baseball too, which I thought was all-American so you did not offend me (but thanks anyway). If you said basketball sucked I wouldn't be offended.

Anyway boxers wearing head gear would prolong their careers and virtually eliminate eyebrow cuts and head butts. I hate matches decided by that crap.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast