Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which tracker could be recommended as best for classical music then?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Pedro's has 1469 classical torrents at the time of writing this--all lossless of course.
    Last edited by Stellar; 05-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I find Demonoid to be the best for classical music. They have the largest collection, with many new torrents uploaded daily and it's very easy to seed there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    how many classical music torrents on lztr

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jincandoit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    cinephilia,
    many thanks for sending me LzTr invite.
    it does not fail me, as you suggested.
    you are a decent dude, cinephilia. no question about that !!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Happens I am a lossless clasical music ripper at Pedro's (and generally on lossless torrent scene) and can tell, you won't find a better place for this kind of music. All rips at BTMusic are high quality(perfect, lossless), rare, and usually with artwork. almost 2000 torrents within the classical genre.

LzTr is kinda small classical music tracker but they really don't know too much about it. To make my point, I uploaded my rip of a rare renaisance classical music at LzTr and it was a hit that everyone was like shocked about while at Pedro's such uploads are just normal.

Plus, listening to classical at @196 or even higher qualities different than lossless is for me pure savage and barbarism
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 05-04-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    Have a nice day.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Happens I am a lossless clasical music ripper at Pedro's (and generally on lossless torrent scene) and can tell, you won't find a better place for this kind of music. All rips at BTMusic are high quality(perfect, lossless), rare, and usually with artwork. almost 2000 torrents within the classical genre.
    i can't agree on this one.
    ok btmusic has a nice selection including some less known composers but the major part of the 1469 torrents are the most famous works from the major figures of classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Vivaldi, Wagner, Liszt etc...) while what.cd offers more than 7780 torrents in the same category. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that btmusic has only the best-known works from crappy record labels but my point is that what.cd has clearly a larger variety of classical torrents.
    LzTr is kinda small classical music tracker but they really don't know too much about it. To make my point, I uploaded my rip of a rare renaisance classical music at LzTr and it was a hit that everyone was like shocked about while at Pedro's such uploads are just normal.
    LzTr is still a recent tracker and they don't have much classical torrents at the moment so i don't see anything wrong in being 'amazed' by a good addition..
    Plus, listening to classical at @196 or even higher qualities different than lossless is for me pure savage and barbarism
    obviously, you don't know what you're saying..
    unless you have an excellent hi-fi equipment and the musical ear, you won't feel any difference between a mp3@320 (even a good v0) and a flac...
    Last edited by cinephilia; 05-04-2009 at 11:28 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    well i used btmusic and it has lot of old releases the classic ones . and the plus point is that its all in FLAC wohoo .. so the quality is 10/10

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Falchion17's Avatar Poster
    I still think LZTR is the best place for classical since their community is focused on that genre so anything that isn't on the site will be found and posted quickly.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Demonoid is certainly another great resource for classical as said above. Obviously one has to use different sources to find everything. I tend to use a few different sites to fullfill my classical needs. Pedro's is just one resource, and best for me when I intend to put the music on a CD. Most of the time I use What or Waffles as they do indeed have more albums available.

I'll be checking out LzTr later on, as cine has convinced me that it's worth looking into.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    i can't agree on this one.
    ok btmusic has a nice selection including some less known composers but the major part of the 1469 torrents are the most famous works from the major figures of classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Vivaldi, Wagner, Liszt etc...) while what.cd offers more than 7780 torrents in the same category. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that btmusic has only the best-known works from crappy record labels but my point is that what.cd has clearly a larger variety of classical torrents.
    LzTr is still a recent tracker and they don't have much classical torrents at the moment so i don't see anything wrong in being 'amazed' by a good addition..
    obviously, you don't know what you're saying..
    unless you have an excellent hi-fi equipment and the musical ear, you won't feel any difference between a mp3@320 (even a good v0) and a flac...

I'm not considering amount of torrents while making this judgment but rather I consider the ratio between quality (which in terms of classical music is crucial) and amount - and if we allow this kind of judgment Pedro's is #1. You obviously don't listen too much to classical music. If you ripped more than 5 classical CD's you would notice something that is known as the "peak level" (which is more or less loudness) -it's very low in classical music comparing to other modern pieces. Therefore listening to this kind of tracks at low quality other than FLAC is really "hardcore". Listen to FLAC for 1-2 years and go back to 192+ and you will know what I'm talking about. And despite all the things people tend to say about hi-tech equipement, these differences are noticable using the crappiest headphones for 5$ - especially if we are talking about classical. (or any type of music that uses harmonic/melodic sounds created by keyboard/string instruments). In other words, you happen to make slight mistake by saying that I am lacking the knowledge in this topic.

So if you tend to care about quality of music, go with Pedro's and it will be the best choice you will ever made. Trust me you will find there everything you need.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 05-05-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast