Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avi To Dvd

Poster
    call me an idiot if you like but...
    I have downloaded a few films in AVI format the usual XVID, DIV3,4,5 and now i want to try to convert them to DVD so i can play them on my DVD player and the big (well it's bigger than my monitor) screen tv,
    i have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105 and curentley 5 blank DVD-R 4.7Gb disc's
    Could some1 please tell me how this is done in..

VERY SIMPLE terms as i can sometimes be a bit slow picking up on the info

Thank you in advance

please, pritty please with a cherry on top and sugar
    <span style='font-family:Times'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>My Pc Specs Are
    Windows FD (thanks M8)
    Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz
    512Mb DDR
    Seagate ST3120023A 120Gb
    ATi RADEON 9000 Series 64Mb
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105
    IDE DVD-Rom 16X
    Medion Connect XL CardReader
    Cable Modem ½ Mb</span></span></span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by caton77@23 September 2003 - 12:45
    I have downloaded a few films in AVI format the usual XVID, DIV3,4,5 and now i want to try to convert them to DVD so i can play them on my DVD player and the big (well it&#39;s bigger than my monitor) screen tv,
    i have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105 and curentley 5 blank DVD-R 4.7Gb disc&#39;s

Thank you in advance

U must mean to VCD&#39;s first make sure your DVD player can support them it should say it or something similar on the front of it if it can. then just go to:DVDRHelp

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    DVD, I WANT TO MAKE A DVD

please help
    <span style='font-family:Times'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>My Pc Specs Are
    Windows FD (thanks M8)
    Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz
    512Mb DDR
    Seagate ST3120023A 120Gb
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105
    IDE DVD-Rom 16X

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Maybe theres a program to do from avi to dvd. Look for it on this page www.google.com just type in what you want maybe you&#39;ll find what your lookin&#39; for. Good Luck

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by caton77@23 September 2003 - 13:09
    DVD, I WANT TO MAKE A DVD

please help
    You can&#39;t make a full DVD out of a .avi It has to be encoded.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by caton77@23 September 2003 - 17:45
    I have downloaded a few films in AVI format the usual XVID, DIV3,4,5 and now i want to try to convert them to DVD so i can play them on my DVD player and the big (well it&#39;s bigger than my monitor) screen tv,
    i have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105 and curentley 5 blank DVD-R 4.7Gb disc&#39;s

Thank you in advance

Just use tempeg,and use the dvd template in the project wizard if ur not sure of the settings and terms.U&#39;ll then need to author and put in menus and shit if u like the file for dvdr with nero or somthing like ulead dvd.

dvdrhelp.com.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    stay put ill post it soon how to convert avi to a dvd.
    i having to go out but ill be back soon.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    cheers guy
    Windows FD (thanks M8)
    Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz
    512Mb DDR
    Seagate ST3120023A 120Gb
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105
    IDE DVD-Rom 16X

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    first of all make sure your avi files are over 700000 or you will have a poor dvd.
    second you will need virtualdub this is only needed to check for bad frames (if the avi has bad frames in it you will wast a dvd-r) so open virtualdub load file then go to video and click direct steem same to audio then go to video go down to and click scan video stream for errors, that will scan for errors and report when done, if there is a lot of errors look for another copy if only a few save under another name and that will cut the bad frames out.
    now you have a good avi copy lets convert it
    there are several ways i will go through two
    you will req, nero burning rom and nerovision express with the dvd mpeg2 plugin you can buy this from nero or find it on Kazaa dvd mpeg2 plugin is hard to find.
    start nerovision express goto burn video to dvd-video (if this option is not there you havent got the dvd plug-in ) load video the avi will load and do some calculations (final size on dvd) next. here you can name your video and other things i would recomend just name your dvd untill you get better at it go to header/footer text and name your dvd in header text.
    next you can preview it. skip this if you want. next go to prefrences pick pal or ntsc depending on your region then you can either burn it to disc or to hard drive to burn later, one tip purchase a dvd-rw to practise on mark my words you will throw a lot of dvd-r away untill you get some practise in. then wait 2 to 6 hours depending on your system then hey presto a dvd.

next way
    you will need sonic mydvd all to be found on kazaa.
    open sonic click dvd video then create or modify a dvd-video
    next click get movie and load your avi file the click edit video
    new window click edit video go down to send all clips in menu.
    new window look for these and click. entire movie, timeline, then click create then down to dvd without menues. the window that opens saying save as, just close and another window will open here you can name your dvd it will also tell you what drive it is going to write to then put a dvd (do not forget the dvd-rw) in your drive and hit ok and in 2 to 6 hours hey presto you have a dvd to play on your standalone dvd player.

if your movie is upside down dont worry go to efects and click flip vertical the go to yellow line saying flip ver. right click on yellow line, extend to align, the end of movie and your movie will be the correct way up

sorry about the spelling and puctuations i only learnt to read an write a few week ago.
    I hope this helps you. it sound complicated but its not any ? please email me at [email protected] do not ask me were to get softwear from.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Keighley-England@23 September 2003 - 17:10
    first of all make sure your avi files are over 700000 or you will have a poor dvd.
    second you will need virtualdub this is only needed to check for bad frames (if the avi has bad frames in it you will wast a dvd-r) so open virtualdub load file then go to video and click direct steem same to audio then go to video go down to and click scan video stream for errors, that will scan for errors and report when done, if there is a lot of errors look for another copy if only a few save under another name and that will cut the bad frames out.
    now you have a good avi copy lets convert it
    there are several ways i will go through two
    you will req, nero burning rom and nerovision express with the dvd mpeg2 plugin you can buy this from nero or find it on Kazaa dvd mpeg2 plugin is hard to find.
    start nerovision express goto burn video to dvd-video (if this option is not there you havent got the dvd plug-in ) load video the avi will load and do some calculations (final size on dvd) next. here you can name your video and other things i would recomend just name your dvd untill you get better at it go to header/footer text and name your dvd in header text.
    next you can preview it. skip this if you want. next go to prefrences pick pal or ntsc depending on your region then you can either burn it to disc or to hard drive to burn later, one tip purchase a dvd-rw to practise on mark my words you will throw a lot of dvd-r away untill you get some practise in. then wait 2 to 6 hours depending on your system then hey presto a dvd.

next way
    you will need sonic mydvd all to be found on kazaa.
    open sonic click dvd video then create or modify a dvd-video
    next click get movie and load your avi file the click edit video
    new window click edit video go down to send all clips in menu.
    new window look for these and click. entire movie, timeline, then click create then down to dvd without menues. the window that opens saying save as, just close and another window will open here you can name your dvd it will also tell you what drive it is going to write to then put a dvd (do not forget the dvd-rw) in your drive and hit ok and in 2 to 6 hours hey presto you have a dvd to play on your standalone dvd player.

if your movie is upside down dont worry go to efects and click flip vertical the go to yellow line saying flip ver. right click on yellow line, extend to align, the end of movie and your movie will be the correct way up

sorry about the spelling and puctuations i only learnt to read an write a few week ago.
    I hope this helps you. it sound complicated but its not any ? please email me at [email protected] do not ask me were to get softwear from.
    I just skimmed through and I see bad advice already u shouldn&#39;t use nero to encode cause it fucks files up use tmpgenc instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast