Thread: Help! Account disabled on what.cd unjustly!

Hi all,

I went to login in to what.cd this morning and it said my account was disabled. I had no idea why, so I went onto irc to inquire.

When the server was down the other day I searched google using the "past 24hours" feature for a reason as to why it was down. Among some of the sites that came up was a forum used by ratio cheaters. Unknowingly I clicked on it thinking there was an answer there as to why what.cd was down. I didn't find an answer there so I went to more sites looking for an answer.

The mod on irc says that I visited a cheat site and then just banned me from IRC so I can't even plead my case! Please someone help me! I have NEVER cheated nor have I ever broken any rules. I am active in the community and am always on the lookout for bad rips. My ratio was 1.99 and I have been there since what.cd first opened up shop.

All I want to do is plead my case without being instabanned from irc! Please someone help me!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The mod on irc says that I visited a cheat site
    Be more explicit here...how can he know this?

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I have no idea. But at the same time it doesn't matter. I admitted right away that I accidentally visited the site and he just said he didn't believe it was an accident and then just banned me from the irc server so I can't contact anyone to plead my case. I am a model what.cd user and can't believe this has happened! I just want to talk to someone.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Hi all,

I went to login in to what.cd this morning and it said my account was disabled. I had no idea why, so I went onto irc to inquire.

When the server was down the other day I searched google using the "past 24hours" feature for a reason as to why it was down. Among some of the sites that came up was a forum used by ratio cheaters. Unknowingly I clicked on it thinking there was an answer there as to why what.cd was down. I didn't find an answer there so I went to more sites looking for an answer.

The mod on irc says that I visited a cheat site and then just banned me from IRC so I can't even plead my case! Please someone help me! I have NEVER cheated nor have I ever broken any rules. I am active in the community and am always on the lookout for bad rips. My ratio was 1.99 and I have been there since what.cd first opened up shop.

All I want to do is plead my case without being instabanned from irc! Please someone help me!
    Been there, this is why i didn't like what.cd mods, scc staff is at least willing to put their trust in users, at least did for me anyway. Seriously, we need mods that are capable of understanding that anything is possible. I hate it when mods don't listen to you when you are in need of help really.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have no idea. But at the same time it doesn't matter.
    It matter,maybe he was just looking for a stupid reason for a disable and you just admitted.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I love what.cd and the community, that's why I am just about ready to have a panic attack here. I would never do anything to mess up my account. I have never even be warned or on ratio watch.

I just went to a friends house to use irc and got banned again! They wont listen!

This is awful. I did nothing wrong and have always been such a good member of the community.

I am hoping a fair minded mod will read this, as it was the same mod who banned me twice from irc. I will do whatever I can to prove my innocence, but what can I realistically do? I accidentally clicked on the site link, and then left.
    Last edited by Maximum; 05-03-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BlackKnight's Avatar In the wake of Gods BT Rep: +1
    hmm you was disabled at What.CD and a mod didn't give you a chance to explain but you still use nice words for them. I have the feeling that you are telling the truth. Maybe sexten can help you (if he wasn't the one who disabled you).
    Into the chaos!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    He wasn't the mod in irc that banned me, but as for the original mod I am not sure. I understand completely though that the mod who did ban me is just trying to keep what.cd in tip top shape.

I am open to any suggestions on how to contact the proper people and plead my case.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i guess you can't pm anybody since you're a newcomer so i'd suggest you to ask your thread to be moved on the bittorrent section in order to make it viewable by what.cd staffers.
    good luck.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanks for your words everybody.

I managed to resolve this issue with a little help. That was a scary afternoon :S. I really feel badly that this happened, as I try my darndest to add as much as I can to the community.

Like I said, the mods are there to keep the place at a high standard, so no ill will towards them at all. I hope this will not happen to any other good users in the future.

Thank you