Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veryyyyy Slow

Ive got XP now and when i go on the net it runs fine but after a couple of minutes it goes really slow and the pages take a while to load up, is there anything i can download so that it doesnt go slow? and has anyone else had this problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What pc do you have?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Its a tiny one. Its got 1000MHz amd athlon processor, 256 mb ram and 40 gb hard disk

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Goes slow all the pc ,or only the internet 'If you want to give a boost to the internet pages go HERE.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    I have almost the same specs:
    1ghz Intel Celeron
    384MB RAM
    20GB Hard Drive

My comp runs about as fast as I can make it.

The only simple answer I can think of is that maybe you have to many processes running in the backround, using a lot of CPU? Check out your Task Manager. But if it's just the web pages, that link SH posted works like a charm.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@23 September 2003 - 19:39
    I have almost the same specs:
    1ghz Intel Celeron
    384MB RAM
    20GB Hard Drive

My comp runs about as fast as I can make it.

The only simple answer I can think of is that maybe you have to many processes running in the backround, using a lot of CPU? Check out your Task Manager. But if it's just the web pages, that link SH posted works like a charm.
    22 processes are running, is that to many? Yup it is just the internet

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    No, 22 is fine, I have over 30 running right now. Follow that link on SH's post it'll help a lot. And check your internet settings.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i went on that link and it has helped a bit but im afraid it is still very slow, it was never this slow when i was on ME, if i downloaded some updates from the microsoft site (probably the modem driver would that work?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Possibly, but you have to restart to make those registry changes take effect. And it's probably something small, like your modem, or browser settings. I know there are posts about that, don't ask me where though. Use the board search engine. And what type of connection do you have anyway?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@23 September 2003 - 20:30
    Possibly, but you have to restart to make those registry changes take effect. And it's probably something small, like your modem, or browser settings. I know there are posts about that, don't ask me where though. Use the board search engine. And what type of connection do you have anyway?
    56 k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast