Thread: Participation Level

Does a users participation level affect anything? Eg does it affect download speeds or accesability? If not what is the purpose of the participation level? What determines a users participation level?

Regards,

Dovvan

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Welcome to the board,i recommend to READ THE FAQ from K-LITE site and then the NEWBIE FAQ click on my signature.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I have looked at the FAQ.... does not seem to answer my question...

thanx anyway,

Dovvan

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Your particapation level doesn't effect anything since there is an option to keep it at 1000 all the time. Downloads and uploads are what effect it...more downloads=lower pl...more uploads=higher pl. But it doesn't really mean anything and is pretty much useless. And it is in the FAQ, try again.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    If you have a higher Participation Level, it means that if you are in a queue of people waiting to download from one particular user, you will get to the front faster, and therefore get the file more quickly.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@23 September 2003 - 15:57
    If you have a higher Participation Level, it means that if you are in a queue of people waiting to download from one particular user, you will get to the front faster, and therefore get the file more quickly.
    I believe that effect was changed back to first come first serve once everyone just started using the cheat.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    They serve a perpose on kazaa kinda. For kazaa there no purpose so dont worrie about it.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@23 September 2003 - 15:57
    Yeah, that's the credit system but that's not for kazaa, Emule uses that. The participation level on kazaa shows if you are sharing or not if u have a low (0) your not sharing at all and low(1) on up to Kazaa lite master(1000) means your sharing but u only get kazaa lite master when u powershare (upload but don't download anything at all).

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Out of The Ordinary
    Wrong forum, questions like this goes in Questions.
    Your question has been answered though.

~Closed

BOT