View Poll Results: Are you afraid to take chances with people?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 64.71%
  • No

24 35.29%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Are you afraid to take chances with people?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If I know someone well enough, it's not what I'd consider taking a chance. Out of the times I have taken a chance with someone in the past few years, only two have turned out to be bad out of the dozens I've invited. Even so, I've been ever more cautious about who I invite since then. There are a few people on this forum I'd invite to any site just by knowing their opinions on certain issues, etc. 99% of the people on FST will never even be considered by me because this place is crawling with the kind of people who have threatened my accounts and those of others in the past.

The only way to trust someone on the internet is to talk to them and get a feel for their personality, and perhaps get to know them in a way that's closer to real life. There really are people who just scream "shady" even though they have no apparent history of trading or whatever.
    Last edited by Stellar; 05-21-2009 at 07:45 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Fucking boring story really.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    with good friends no, but online deffo i dont trade anyways so im good

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    yes to post question

I will never use my invites people suck.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm afraid to take chances with people because they may be as big of an asshole as I am, if not worse. That's no good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    What if they are named Ibuprofen and promise you not cause any headaches?

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    What if they are named Ibuprofen and promise you not cause any headaches?
    Maybe, but I'd prefer they be named Codeine, and promise to keep me happily sedated.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by fstfukinDaBest View Post
    yes to post question

I will never use my invites people suck.
    i also hope i never see you asking for one.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I answered yes...

But occasionally I do give invites...I am not careless about it and I regularly check up on how they are doing. I consider them a reflection of me & my judgement. BUT you never know...I got fooled last week on a BitMe invite. I had been in a giving and trusting mood and it was taken advantage of...I haven't given up on people but am back to being leery again...

Part of my problem with invites at FST is due to the fact that it seems so common for new users or occasional users to be making requests. They have offered nothing to the site and there is no "history" to try and make sound judgments from. Or they have a trading background. Let me also add that so many of the requests are just bad! No reason or bad reasons for example. I would have to figure that some of these bad requests might be from potential good users but they shoot themself in the foot from the get go...

Looking forward to the day when I can view the giveaway section again...Regardless, of all the perils, I do like to help people.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 05-23-2009 at 03:22 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    For me I'd do it discreetly and only after observing them for some time or two.

I'm really glad there was one or two guy here in this forum taking a chance with me though, I didn't prove them wrong that's for sure.

Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast