Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing An Article For School Newspaper?

Hi Everyone,

Still being somewhat of a n00b, would it be a bad idea to write a story for my school paper about Kazaa Lite and it's benefits over regular Kazaa as well as how it (Kazaa Lite) is able to offer some protection against the RIAA?

I know of many people who know of Kazaa, but not of Kazaa Lite. I am not sure if it would be good to draw attention to Kazaa Lite. (My school is just a very small community college, but still, I'm not sure if bringing attention no matter how little, to Kazaa Lite would be beneficial.)

I have a very "rough" draft of my proposed article if anyone would care to look at it.

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I am not sure if it would be good to draw attention to Kazaa Lite.
    Well, K-lite is already well known among internet users... But the real question is would you risk to bring attention to you and your knowledge of something that has illegal applications in such a
    very small community college
    ?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think that would be cool to do if can plz post your rough draft.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BTW why is this in filesharing?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    if a moderator can move this to a more appropriate forum, that would be good.

thanks!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    If your school wouldn't mind you essentially advocating piracy, go for it.

But post it here first so we can proofread.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If you take a neutral (i.e. weighing up the good and bad things about it) or a mutual (i.e. both supporting and advocating it), you could be able to get away with it.

That's what I'm doing for a college article on filesharing.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    It's a good idea to write an article for your student newspaper/magazine. At my university, there are several newspapers, magazines and websites to which anyone can contribute. I have written several things so far, mainly reviews and things like that.

If you've written an article about K-Lite, can you post a link to it here, or paste it on this board?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    PAiNKiLLER
    Well, don't forget to include this:

If you download from others then you must allow them to upload or else it will be unfair

Image Resized

10. File Sharing   -   #10

If you download from others then you must allow them to upload or else it will be unfair
    Good one !!!

If I ever gather up the courage to write an article about filesharing though !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast