Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from SCT around here?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We have a member who is scamming sites and the most recent one is SCT. I'm trying to get on their IRC and tell them the user name on their tracker but IRC is being an asshole as usual.

If any SCT staff are on here, please PM me or just here and I'll give you the info.

If anyone could relay this to the staff there as well, that would be great.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-07-2009 at 09:27 PM.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    brento's Avatar Poster
    feel free to PM me and I will relay the message

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    it seems that this might be true then ^^

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...kizoooo-344095

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sale's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    lol it seems that rumor is true eh lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i use to be but the kicked me out for giving sct away in a private tracker forum that gives out invites to any other site.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by sale View Post
    One was a trading and the other was scamming not the same thing (actually the first one turned out to be a scammer as well but that's a whole nother story).
    Also it's unbelievable how you have to make an attempt at doing the right thing seem bad.I suppose that you would be happy is Skizzo didn't report him then.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaNiJaK View Post
    it seems that this might be true then ^^

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...kizoooo-344095
    Quote Originally Posted by sale View Post

Oh, c'mon... How many times do we have to say that we don't give out your information? If you buy into that, spread that around, or keep drudging it up, go find another forum to trade on. We offer you guys a place to conduct your business and ask nothing whatsoever in return. The least you could is show some basic hospitality or faith for those who put in so much work to ensure you have site to enjoy.

This was a simple case of a member getting scammed out of their account and was proved via screenshots in the Report section. I was attempting to get a hold of the tracker and let them know that the account was scammed so it would be disabled. I hate to think of scammers defrauding one of our members out of their account and then get to keep it. Would you rather I just stayed out of it altogether?

I recognize that moderating is a thankless job and I'm fine with that. I just enjoy the forum and moderate topics when needed. However, there's always a few that make me wonder why I go through the trouble sometimes...

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    can't the poor guy who got spammed report himself for trading and being scammed tho?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Sure. Most times I think member probably do, though to be honest I hardly ever ask whether or not they actually follow through.

I had some extra time this afternoon and figured I'd do it.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am friends with deviant...I can pass info along.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast