View Poll Results: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 61.80%
  • No

34 38.20%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

prasannab13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3

Unsure

Should Trading be totally Stopped???
    Are there any BT forums allowing trade????
    Why you opt for trading rather than offering them based on member???
    Who first started TRADING??? BT forums or its members asked forums to start???

Post your views on above questions??

Advantages or Disadvantages

Added poll
    Last edited by prasannab13; 05-08-2009 at 12:42 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    There have been several very similar threads (with polls) if memory serves.

My answer: yes. It damages trackers' security. But there will alwaysbe people who don't care about that and those, who just want to get into a rarer tracker, so they can show off with it.

So yes it should be stopped, but I don't see it being stopped. At least not in the near future.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    If people wanna trade let them, if they dont then dont its as easy as that imo :?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Not at all,
    Trading allows
    1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first place
    2)dedicated people to join certain tracker, One wouldnt actually bother trading if he didnt care for the invite or an account. Also what matters is not whether one traded or not but what he did in the site when he got in via trading. If he is a good member after a trade, then it is nonsense to talk about trading being bad
    3)allows you to change accounts between people who actually needs them. Because of the current system, people may end up giving invites to the people they know and trust, if the invite is to a specialized tracker like tt, then invites might end at the end of people you know and trust but not at the hands of trance fans. Honestly two real examples to this from my experience are those
    a) a friend of my friend has tt with quite buffer, he is not into tt, probably someone gave him his account, yet it ended up at the hands of someone who has no interest in trance elektro house music.
    b)Again a friend of my friend was invited to ftn, yet he cheated on ftn, if you are to tell this to someone, he would probably laugh at it.He might have a reason, yet if we are to let invite get into the hands that we know and trust, it might end up at the hands that really dont give a crap about it at all. This is the reason, i think he cheated anyway.

Trading Disadvantages
    1)You might cause security breach by trading your accounts or invites...If you are to give account or invite to someone for profit or another account, then you actually cause a security breach because the member you invited might turn out to be an MPAA or RIAA agent who is willing to pay to get into a certain site so that it can gather information to sue the tracker. They can even apply for being uploaders get close to admin and arrest him.
    2)Since you have no idea of who you invite usually, that might bring ratio-cheaters, bad users, traders, account sharers into tracker which in the end cause tracker quality to decrease. Think about it, if you invite ratio-cheaters to a tracker, then they would seem to be uploading yet they wont actually be uploading, thereby increasing the burden on other peoples shoulders. Does anyone have right to do that? I highly doubt. Also some people live in USA in which MPAA or RIAA activies are probably a lot more effective than anywhere in the world, therefore if you actually risk someone unknown to get into that tracker, you actually might cause your fellow pirates to be arrested just BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE OF INVITING SUCH A USER. AGAin you dont have any right to do that.

3)Just like Stoi said, if you give trade your invites or accounts, then you might get a global ban since obviously trackers will let other trackers et cetera.
    4)You will feel constant fear of getting banned. At least on some trackers.
    Those points are all fine, yet as long as you know who you trade with, there is no problem regarding security breach or bad invitee.

Sorry my english, i wasnt eager to write this, just for your sake, in case i didnt enjoy it at all writing it, same issues bore you to death. Anyone willing to contribute so that we can make this a stickie and get rid of this issue once and for all.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 05-08-2009 at 12:24 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    jason1337's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    u cant stop it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    prasannab13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    added some questions so please post your views on those questions

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by prasannab13 View Post
    Yes, you're looking at one.

Sorry, don't understand this one. I do not opt for trading.
    Who first started TRADING???
    It's in people's nature. Everyone respect something in return. Except that here you get invites for free (mostly) and then you want something in return. That's just greedy and wrong imo, but that's capitalism, lol.
    BT forums or its members asked forums to start???
    Don't know. Tbh, does it matter?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    OnEyM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The peoples who want to get money by fraud. Accounts and invites on "high level sites" don't cost the money some people are asking for them. In fact, they don't cost sheet.

So I think that if FST prohibited trading it will not disappear. Those who want to trade will still be traders. However, if this happened, more dedicated people will join trackers, cause there won't be any l3v3l5.

Hope u anderstud me. OK kTHxbuy

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    posting polls like this should be a bannable offence >.>
    feels good, man

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Should Trading be totally Stopped???
    Yes it should and so should we totally stop using our cars in an effort to stop global warming.Go GrEEn!..but that again is highly unlikely.
    Yes there r.this one is one of them.pm anyone in the trades section for others.
    Good question.though /me mi5undaZt00dz u..but av heard of people who do it 4 fun i.e as a sport,so they dont care.
    If my memory serves me right,trading started on tracker forums and it was very much encouraged..
    BT forums or its members asked forums to start???
    Mhh..the eGG or the chicken question,but to answer u,demand begets supply.so no BT forums didn't start it!

Advantages or Disadvantages

advantages:

-u get trackers that u dont deserve.

-You become good at this anonymity business i guess lol.

-You can afford yourself multiple lives as you can hit and run on any site,get banned and still be there tomorrow,not many are able to do that...

disadvantages:
    -Its wrong.

-defeats the purpose of BT being free access.

-You are in essence snitching as you make it easier for the enemies of filesharing to gain access into these trackers.snitches get shot u know :

-You won't enjoy that FTN say you get it as like many have said b4 you will realise that the content is the same as on SCC,GFT and TL,not knowing that its community that sets trackers apart as you seldomly visit tracker forums in an effort to lay low..double slow now,but eventually they will get you.

-Global ban isn't anyone's idea of fun i would think.

-sow a thought,and u will reap an act,sow an act and you will reap a habit,sow a habit and you will reap a character,sow a character and u will reap a destiny.ask anyone attending AA sessions to elaborate that.
    It will soon become an addiction,trading will get old and you will soon start selling invites,when selling gets old,shit may just decide to spill into your RL...

Its BT,so why dont we just let it be BT,clean with only scene drama to deal with!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast