Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quoting

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    just wondering if anyone else feels as strongly about this as i do??

an example of what i mean half way down this thread: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=66505

i mean, please god, only quote when its necesary....someone writes a huge long post, and then instead off replying, people quote. it takes a lot longer to scroll through, and i end up having to use the scroll bar instead of the little wheel on my mouse...

please people:

Only Quote When You Need To

thanks for letting me get that off my chest
    <insert signature here>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    So what, it really doesn&#39;t matter cause that&#39;s the lounge anyway nothing is really expected but spam from there and what&#39;s wrong with quoting if u have to say something about it. I don&#39;t see how that could annoy u.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Poster
    I agree with vivitron 15. Do you really think anyone is going to read all the content of that quote? I don&#39;t think so.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Forum Star
    it takes a lot longer to scroll through,

i know what you mean too, but it doesnt really bother me. if it&#39;s using the scroll bar that annoys you, why not just press the mouse wheel in so you get the scrolling arrow, then just moving the mouse up or down scrolls the page, and as fast as you like.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Or just hit the "End" key on your key board takes u straight to the end of the page then just scroll up to the message. No big deal.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I agree, quoting is better used more sparingly, and if possible to only quote relevent paragraphs/sentences. (be careful not to misquote tho&#39;&#33

It&#39;s a lazy option sometimes to hit quote rather than reply, I&#39;m guilty of it too.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    i have to say Gre 1 ..wot was the point in quoting the whole post for?..couldnt u just say @ whoever ...or in reply to the original post or something along those lines...quoting something that long is pretty off the mark...

theres gotta be some reason cause ive seen you do it at the fsattracker bittorrent forum as well

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Skank@24 September 2003 - 08:59
    i have to say Gre 1 ..wot was the point in quoting the whole post for?..couldnt u just say @ whoever ...or in reply to the original post or something along those lines...quoting something that long is pretty off the mark...

theres gotta be some reason cause ive seen you do it at the fsattracker bittorrent forum as well
    I agree with that they basically say like I posted at the bottom. But it&#39;s not need to get your blood pressure all up.

Reply to Skank:

Message here.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    message edited...i just clicked...lol

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Poster
    I certainly agree. One quote is enough to refer too; not several posts together. If you are going to answer multiple questions, stick to the point of your answer&#39;s intention and nothing more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast